Epilogue

A week has passed since the fight at the Ravino mansion, and I still haven't been able to wrap my head around everything that happened. Sure, there was blood. Chaos. But most importantly, there was betrayal. And ever since that day, I've been building. I've been recruiting people to join my Mafia party-turned-empire, making sure that I didn't miss one person on the street. I'd go for a walk and pass someone who looked like they needed somewhere to stay, and I'd ask them if they were interested in working for me, and most of the time, they said yes. And if they said no? Well, I wasn't offended by that. They refused what they thought could get them into trouble, and I respected that decision. But what I don't respect... are liars. As I sucked on the cigarette between my fingers and inhaled the rose toxin gas that had been infused into the cigarette, those many thoughts ran through my head. The rose toxin is now my main fuel source. I drink it from multiple glasses every day, inhale it through my nose, etcetera. I find it gives me the strength I need to get things done, and the right amount of confidence to do what is right and give people what they deserve. And apparently, the whole purpose of the toxin was to infect, but not to the point where it killed. "Miss De La Rosa." a voice behind me said. I turned away from the window, which showed me the view of the city from the top of the De La Rosa building, and saw in front of me a man crying his eyes out, a pleading look both on his eyes and face.

I walked up to him and pulled out the gun from inside my boot. I pointed it at his head and he whimpered, his eyes crossing to look at the weapon. "Who sent you to kill me?" I asked. He whimpered some more, and the guard who brought him in kicked him in the back. The man let out a scream and almost doubled over. I grabbed him by the throat and crouched down so that I was eye level with him, and pressed the gun to his temple. "Now you listen here. I'm trying my best not to lose it and kill you because it would ruin my pretty floors. So I think it'd be best for the both of us if you were to tell me who sent you and you can get out with your life." I told him. He eyed me with fear, but then, his expression softened. "I-I-he told me not to tell anyone who sent me." he admitted. Out of annoyance and anger, I squeezed his throat which earned a yelp of surprise from him. "His. Name... Now." I ordered. His face was starting to turn red, and as his bloodshot eyes struggled to keep in the tears that threatened to leave them, the next few words he spoke were enough to send a wave of anger through me. "R-ravino. He sent me." he said through struggling breaths. Contorting my face with anger, I leaned away from the man and pulled the trigger of the gun. If it's a war you want, Ravino, then it's a war you're going to get. So be ready... I'm coming for you.   

To be continued in...

The Wrath of the Rose ~ Part 2