Chapter 1: Taped Fists

NO ONE'S POV:

(Rue watches Nate, McKay, & Y/N get into a truck.)

Rue's Narration: In truth, I didn't have much of an issue with Nate until all the bullshit with Jules.

Rue's Narration: I mean, I never liked him, and once, during freshman formal, he tried to finger me on the dance floor without my permission

Rue's Narration: I mean, I never liked him, and once, during freshman formal, he tried to finger me on the dance floor without my permission. But like...[scoffs] it's America. And if they were throwing an end-of-summer party...

(Nate drives past her.)

Nate: Yo, I'd do it for Rue!

Rue's Narration: 'Course I'd fucking go.

(Cut to Nate, McKay, & Y/N in his truck.)

Nate: Yo. The whole world's gonna be talking about how the McKay brothers threw the grimiest fucking banger of the summer.

McKay: I don't know, bro. You know our mom is real OCD.

(Y/N): Still don't know why it has to be our house.

McKay: She notices the smallest shit: a little scratch on the wall, the dishes are out of order.

Nate: Fine. We'll just take a picture of everything, and we'll put it back the way we found it.

McKay: What the fuck is this, Mission Impossible?

(Y/N): [chuckles]

Nate: Would you stop worrying about your mom, and start worrying about all the fucking pussy that we're gonna smash tonight, bro. (Y/N) might actually get some tonight.

(Y/N): Fingers crossed.

McKay: No, no, no, no, no. Wait. Isn't Maddy coming tonight?

Nate: I don't know.

(Y/N): You fucking know.

Nate: I don't give a fuck. She broke up with me. Fuck her.

McKay: See, no, bro. 'Cause she's crazy. I don't want her to come and try to burn my house down. Back me up here, (Y/N).

(Y/N): She wouldn't even be sneaky about it. She would just roll up with a canister of gasoline and a lighter.

Nate: Burn your--

McKay & (Y/N): Yeah.

Nate: Shut the fuck up. Yo. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

(Nate sees Jules riding her bike.)

Nate: Right here. I'm gonna tell you something--

McKay: Nate, don't do anything stupid. Come on.

(Y/N): For the love of God, just drive past her.

Nate: Yeah, yeah.

(Drives alongside her.)

Nate: Hey, yo, what up, B? Yo, how 'bout you come and ride on this dick?