Date?

Yoohyeon's POV

I heard knocking at the door. I tried to hide under my blanket, as I had just gotten home from school and the last thing I wanted to do was socialize, yet I already knew my mother would want me to get the door.

"Hello?" I asked once I had opened the door. I definitely wasn't expecting to see who I saw. "Handong? Gahyeon? What... how do you even know where I live?"

"Let's just say.... a reliable source." Handong replied with a smile.

"Is your "reliable source" following me home? I just got here a few minutes ago."

"Maybe," Handong smirked and let herself into my house. Gahyeon followed her, carrying a black backpack filled with something.

"Are these your friends from school?" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Yeah," I replied. "Something like it..." I added much quieter.

"Tell them they're welcome to stay for dinner, if they like."

"Will do." I grunted and walked upstairs to find Gahyeon and Handong sitting in my room. "I'm not even going to ask how you guys knew where my room is. Instead, what are you guys doing here?"

"Well, as we established earlier, you have a huge crush on a certain Kim Minji. And we're here to help you get yourself a girl." Handong got up from my bed and pulled me into the room. Gahyeon closed the door behind me.

"That's nice of you, but it's not the weekend yet. And I'm not sure how you can help... I haven't even decided if I'm going or not."

"Well then, that decision is being made for you: you are going. You have known JiU for a very long time. Gahyeon and I have only known her since high school, but this is getting painful to watch. Kim Yoohyeon, you are too shy for your own good. At least, when it comes to JiU. Anyways, we have to get you ready for your date~!" Handong said, most likely a bit too loud.

"Did I just hear date?" My mom opened the door a bit and peeked through. "And? Who's the lucky guy?" She asked. I felt my face go red. Handong and Gahyeon giggled, obviously enjoying my suffering.

I hid my face behind my hands. "It's a girl.." I mumbled, peeking though my hands to see how my mother would react. She just smiled and asked, "And? What's her name? What's she like?" I couldn't take it anymore. "It's Minji, Mom, and it's not a date!" I closed the door and fell onto my bed. I felt like I would die of embarrassment.

"Sooo.... are you done sulking?" Gahyeon asked. I had almost forgotten they were there, it had been so quiet.

"Mmmm...." I replied into my pillow. I wasn't even sure of what I meant, that was for them to figure out.

"I'll take that as a yes," Handong said. "Gahyeon, can you text JiU and say that they're meeting at Han River at, let's say, 6:00 tomorrow evening? Ah, Yoohyeon, give her your phone."

I looked up once she said that. "Tomorrow at 6:00? That's way too soon for my nerves to handle! Also, tomorrow is Friday, it's not even the weekend then..."

Gahyeon got up and fished my phone from under my pillow, taking it without my consent. She grabbed my hand and pressed my thumb on the lower part of the screen to unlock it. She started giggling. "What?" Handong asked, and it took me a minute to realize why she could be laughing. I had been looking at old pictures of JiU and I, mostly to refresh my mind of the memories we had made... and part of me had wished to go back to that time, when it was so easy to talk with and be around Minji...

"Oh, nothing, nothing... I just... thought of something funny, that's all," Gahyeon lied. I silently thanked her for not exposing me more than they already had. It was clear that Handong didn't believe her, but she didn't follow up.