Chapter 12: A Night to Remember

Lily immediately called her manager to ask for permission to attend the gala. She didn't want to miss this opportunity to see Nicolas again, even if it meant going to New York on short notice.

To her surprise, her manager gave her the green light. "Are you serious?" Lily exclaimed, unable to contain her excitement. "I can really go?"

"Yes, Lily. This is a great opportunity for you to network and meet new people in the industry," her manager replied.

Lily couldn't believe it. She had never been allowed to attend a gala like this before. She felt grateful and excited at the same time. She immediately called Mia and told her the good news.

Lily: "Mia, you won't believe it! Nicolas invited me to his charity gala in New York City!"

Mia: "What?! That's amazing, Lily! I'm so happy for you."

Lily: "But I'm also really nervous. I don't even know who Nicolas really is. And I don't have his number, so I can't even call him to ask him questions."

Mia: "Don't worry, Lily. You'll be fine. Just focus on having a good time. And I'm sure Nicolas will take care of everything."

Lily: "I hope so. But what if I don't fit in with his crowd? What if I embarrass myself?"

Mia: "Lily, stop worrying. You're an amazing person, and anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. Just be yourself, and I'm sure everything will work out."

Lily: "Thanks, Mia. You always know how to make me feel better."

Mia: "Of course, Lily. Now, let's start planning your trip to New York. Nicolas is going to pamper you, and we need to make sure you're ready for it.

Lily: "Ha! I know, right? Private planes, fancy hotels, the whole shebang. I'll have to remember to pack my fanciest dress and heels."

Mia: "Absolutely. And don't forget to take lots of pictures for me."

Lily: "I won't. But if I end up disappearing in New York, you'll know who to look for."

Mia: "Oh, don't worry. I'll just have to search for every Nicolas in the world until I find him."

Lily laughed. "That sounds like a plan. But seriously, Mia, thank you for always being there for me. I couldn't do this without you."

Mia: "Anytime, Lily. You're like a sister to me, and I want to see you happy."

Lily: "Well, I'm definitely happy now. I can't wait for this trip."

But as the day of the gala drew closer, Lily began to feel nervous. She wasn't used to attending such high-profile events, and she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Nicolas or any of his high-society friends.

As promised on the invitation, Nicolas arranged for a private plane to pick up Lily from Seoul and bring her to New York City in style. The plane was luxurious, with plush seats and all the amenities she could want.

Once she arrived in New York, Nicolas had also arranged for her to stay in the finest hotel in the city. The room was spacious and elegant, with a stunning view of the skyline.

As she looked at herself in the mirror, Lily felt a wave of anxiety wash over her. She couldn't believe all the extravagance that Nicolas had prepared for her arrival - from the private plane to the luxurious hotel room to the dresses, jewelry, and shoes that he had personally selected for her to choose from. It was all so overwhelming, and she couldn't help but wonder who Nicolas really was.

"Who is this guy, really?" Lily thought to herself. "He's so mysterious and elusive. Why would he go to all this trouble for me?"

But then she reminded herself that Nicolas had invited her to the gala because he wanted her there. Maybe he saw something special in her that she didn't see in herself. She took a deep breath and tried to push her doubts and fears aside. Tonight was supposed to be a night to remember, and she wasn't going to let anything ruin it for her.