The Trio : The Temptation

🤍 + 🖤 + ☁️ + 🍋

After years of studying the dark ancient magic repositories, I now understood why Isadora inhaled the feelings of others. The prolonged exposure left me more aware of my senses. It called to me every day, and one day, I gave in. I felt fulfilled.

I took another breath of dark ancient magic. It was cold, yet burned my lungs in a wonderful way. I wondered if it would taste like peppermint tea. I drew more power from the repository, but before it reached my lips, my hand flinched in pain.

"Ahh," I screamed and dropped my wand. I held my injured hand and looked at the intruders.

"Y/N, what are you... have you lost your mind?" Sebastian Sallow shouted. He gripped his wand tightly, but Ominis Gaunt held his wrist and forced its position down. Sebastian glared at him. "Ominis, you know that's the same dark magic that cursed Anne. She could hurt herself or others," he protested.

Sebastian had an expression of fear, not of me, but for me. I picked up my wand. Voices from the repository whispered to get rid of the intruders. I tried to shake it off, but the power kept its hold on me. I cast Bombarda, but Ominis blocked it. He released Sebastian's hand.

They moved closer cautiously. Ominis was now the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, and Sebastian was the Charms professor at Hogwarts. As powerful as I was, I knew it would be a difficult battle.

"No. Sebastian, it feels so good. I need this," I tried to reason with them as I casted spells to no avail. They hesitated to cast back until Sebastian decided to put me into a Bewitched Sleep. I tried to resist, but when Ominis reached me, I collapsed.

I woke up in the Undercroft tied down to a soft bed. Did Hogwart's restriction of conjuration spells not apply here? I could hear their bickering, but I couldn't see them from where I was detained. 

Footsteps paced back and forth. Then they stopped. "I know. I love her just as much as you do, if not more," That was Ominis's voice.

"Then you would agree that we're not reporting this to the Ministry or the Headmaster. Now, I think you've lost your mind too... If you loved her as much as I did, you wouldn't even consider it," That was Sebastian's voice.

"I didn't want this to happen, but she made a decision to lean into magic that's more dangerous than the unforgivable curses. We can't just pretend this didn't happen," Ominis responded.

I jolted. They were going to report me?  I would be experimented on or executed. The sound must have alerted Ominis because he walked over and sat at the edge of the bed. Sebastian followed. He looked at me then looked away as though he couldn't bear it.

Ominis sighed, "We aren't entirely sure what to do with you... but I've learned my lesson when it comes to pretending temptations don't worsen." He was referring to when he overlooked Sebastian's interest in the dark arts which eventually lead to murder.

"Ominis, I'm sorry. I was just curious. Maybe Isadora was onto something, and that magic can be used for good," I explained.

He shook his head slowly as he grappled with his opposing senses of loyalty and justice. Sebastian took a seat on the opposite side of the bed. He began applying Bruisewort Balm to my wand hand.

"We should at least tell the Keepers," Ominis said to him. That was the worst suggestion yet. If my companions told the keepers, they would all be so disappointed in me. Niamh Fitzgerald would probably just tell the Headmaster anyways. I'd be dead if a portrait could kill.

"Why don't you keep me here? Punish me yourselves," I suggested and spread my legs into him. Ominis lost his composure, and Sebastian gave a mischievous smile.