The Interrogation Room

Word Count: 2.418

"Are you sure you can do that?" Tetchou asked, standing calmly at the door of the interrogation room, where Jouno had hurried along. 

"Like the commander, are you implying that I'm an incompetent, to get my feelings mixed up with my job?!" he asked angrily, without turning to Tetchou. He didn't expect an answer, but everyone's silly worries were preventing him from even feeling his own complicated feelings since they'd heard who the person inside was. 

"I'm not going to be soft on her. So now, leave me alone." He finished his words, then went inside. 

Tetchou sighed and said to himself:

"It's not about being soft, it's the opposite..." 

There was no sound in the room, except for the familiar breathing sounds and the heartbeats. She was breathing as if she was sleeping peacefully next to him. Yeah.... That was until some months ago . 

She was passed out. When he asked the soldiers why, they said that nothing extreme had been done. They were probably right, there was no need to question any further how they treated a criminal.

"You were always weak..."he muttered as he passed the interrogation desk and stood in front of her. Despite the cameras watching him, he reached out to touch her hair. Her eyes were covered with an eye patch. Would he open his eyes? No, he decided she didn't have the right to see his face. 

He sat on the other side of the interrogation desk, waiting for the woman to wake up. He just wanted to listen to the sounds of breathing and heartbeat that reminded him the past. 

...

When she awoke, it was dark and she could not move. Her hands and feet were chained to the chair and her eyes were blindfolded. She didn't know as she had never been arrested before, but was this how the government treated detainees?She didn't know if she was alone, there was no sound.  She could not sense where danger was coming from. That's why she was afraid of the dark. 

"You're finally awake, criminal san." a familiar voice said suddenly. So she understood that she wasn't alone but...

"Jouno!" she called out with happiness, sadness, hope and a little fear. The other sensed all of the emotions. But there was no trace of emotion in his own voice.

"It's interesting to see you here before me as a criminal." He answered. "But I sense hope in your shouting that name. I hope you don't expect me to be nice to a criminal. If so, it would be a shame." 

What was he talking about?

"Criminal? What is my crime?" She really didn't know the answer when she asked it. Jouno laughed sarcastically. 

"And here I was hoping you to tell me this, y/n san. Who are you?" 

"What do you mean who are you, Jouno? Didn't you just say my name yourself? I'm your..." She interrupted the sentence she had started excitedly. She couldn't know what to say, Jouno also, waited for a few seconds then answered:

"Even though I was curious about the rest of the sentence, it doesn't matter. There is a criminal and an interrogator in this room right now, nothing more."

He was being cold. His voice was unfamiliar. That result was only natural but it broke her. 

"... Let me see you, Jouno, open the  blindfold, please."  

"This is the first time I've seen a criminal order an interrogator. I think you misunderstood something: I give the orders in this room and you will obey me. Now answer me, what is your relationship with the terrorist organization?"