Memories Long Forgotten

A cheerful jingle was faintly heard in the distance. Almost like a music box, filled with childlike wonder. It reminded the warrior of an old carousel he used to visit as a child.

   "What... is this place?"

   His vision focused and he slowly but surely regained his senses. Was he laying on... sugar clouds? Pastel pink, soft clouds. As he sat up, a sugar butterfly landed on his nose. He shook it off.

   "Where am I?! Who brought me here? Show yourself!"

   Suddenly, he heard someone humming. He reached for his sword, but it was nowhere to be seen. Old habits die hard.

   "Oh! Hello there, friend! I don't think you've visited me before, have you?"

   "Show yourself!" Dark Choco Cookie repeated.

   "I didn't mean to frighten you."

   He almost didn't realize there was a unicorn in front of him until it transformed into a cookie.

   "My name is Cream Unicorn cookie. It's a pleasure to meet you! Welcome to the forgotten amusement park. Well, I guess it's not so forgotten anymore," they giggled. The former prince was still tense. "You don't have to be so frightened! You're safe here."

   Dark Choco Cookie lowered his guard, even if it was just a little bit.

   "Why... am I... here?" He managed to ask.

   "Oh? You didn't receive an invitation from the Slumbering Moon? She always sends dreamers where they need to go."

   "The Slumbering Moon? ...Ah, so this is a dream, then."

   "Just because you're dreaming, it doesn't mean that you can't have fun!"

   The two cookies made their way through the sugary land. Sugar butterflies trailed behind Cream Unicorn Cookie as they walked. The sky was a beautiful collection of purples and pinks. A calming melody traveled through the air. Despite feeling as if this was a trap, he was slowly starting to relax.

   Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something that didn't quite match the rest of the place: a dark cacao carousel, frosted over with snow on it's roof and six horses all lined in a circle.

   It was the same one from his childhood.

   Without warning, Dark Choco ran towards the carousel. He put a hand on the faux frosting horse's head. "I used to go to this carousel every day when I was a child. Eventually Dark Cacao Cookie stopped taking me, saying I had to train for combat. I haven't seen it since."

   Cream Unicorn Cookie, now in their Rainbow Unicorn form, caught up to him. "What are you waiting for? Take a ride!"

   The rest of his time at the amusement park was all a blur. He had far too much fun there than he ever had, well, ever.

   At the end of one of the rides, he noticed his hand beginning to disappear.

   "Oh... you're starting to wake up..." Cream Unicorn said solemnly.

   "Will I... ever come here again?"

   "In due time. The Slumbering Moon will invite you back when you need it again. Until then, sweet dreams. I hope to see you again soon."