Chapter nine

- I just want to know the truth. Don't you dare to lie to me. - Cassandra's voice sounded shaky due to the sobs coming from her accompanied by tears of pure disgust and sadness.

- Robin asked me... - Dave looked at his reflection in the mirror that was slightly crooked. It really wasn't what he wanted, he really didn't want it to end like this.

- What? - Cassandra wondered. He was trying to figure out things that didn't make any sense in his thoughts. She was controlling herself not to laugh at the sarcasm.

- he wanted help to get you back but I was selfish - Dave admitted and didn't take his gaze off the mirror. He wasn't prepared to face her.

- Why Dave? Why? - Cassandra was losing patience with him. She just wanted to hurt him physically to take out the anger she had.

- because I love you okay?! - he replied almost shouting and that's when he decided to keep his gaze on Cassandra.

- this is not justification! Look what happened!Robin committed suicide because of your selfishness. You should at least repent - Cassandra exclaimed getting up from the sofa. Shame was the exact word to describe Cassandra's feelings in that moment.

- you think I don't know? Do you think I'm not tormented by this whole situation? Do you think I'm happy with what I've been doing? Do you think I've had peace since the moment I found out he took his own life? - Dave exploded countless questions almost out of breath.

Cassandra stood watching him almost losing his mind with so much frustration and tension that there was in the air.

- What you've done is unjustifiable. I don't condemn you because it's not my right, you're already suffering alone with your own remorse - Cassandra replied to Dave with disgust - you know what's more disappointing? It's because you literally betrayed your friends. Me and him. You knew we had feelings for each other, you knew he was suffering psychologically and so was I! You knew everything but do you know what you decided to do? Take the dirtiest path to satisfy your emotions and desires - Cassandra continued.

The tension between them was clearly not the most pleasant feeling in that room. Both stayed still for a little while in silence.

Dave didn't answer anything else because he knew everything Cassandra said was true. He had no more arguments and was in no position to defend himself or try to defuse the situation.

- I hope you are happy with the result. I want you to know that things won't be the same and you can very well forget that someday I will forgive you - Cassandra finally says and started walking towards the door.

Dave didn't even bother to tell her to stay and try to get through this together. He just watched her with his gaze as she left her house in the worst possible way.

Cassandra leaving Dave's house, a strong headache began to hit her and she was about to scream to lessen the negativity she was feeling at the moment. He no longer knew how to control his emotions and was afraid he might do something crazy.

When reflecting on what he could do, he quickly remembered in his psychology. Maybe it wasn't the right time for her to call as he must have other sessions with other people, but she didn't want to hear about it.

- hello? Miss Lewis? - Edward answered the phone after a few beeps. Cassandra when hearing his voice, felt a great relief in the chest.