Best Friend.

"I was hoping you two would come with me."

Jimin had asked Jungkook and Taehyung to come with him to a dinner with an old friend of his. He wasn't sure how, but his childhood friend Esik had gotten hold of his current number and called him one day. He said he was in Seoul and would love to get together again. They had been great friends growing up. Esik was always in control when it came to the friendship and Jimin usually just tagged along with whatever he did. They'd lost touch around the end of middle school, life and new friendships got in the way.

"Why do you want us to come?" Jungkook asked. He was curious. He didn't see why Jimin wanted him and Taehyung intruding on his get together with his friend.

"I'll admit I'm nervous. I haven't seen him since we were little. I'm feeling a bit shy about it and think the atmosphere would be better if you two came with me. Not to mention I think it'd be more fun with all of us. I bet you guys would get along well. I'd love for an old friend to meet my two brothers." Jimin smiled as he waited for a reply from either of them.

"Sure!" Taehyung said happily. He didn't think it was weird at all, he was just happy to be invited. Jungkook agreed as well. He understood how Jimin was feeling and wanted to do whatever he could to make his hyung feel more comfortable.

The night came for them to all go to dinner, and Esik even offered to pick them all up. Jimin informed him that Jungkook and Taehyung were coming and his friend didn't seem to mind. When he got to the dorm the rest of the members introduced themselves and told them to have fun.

They went to a Korean BBQ place, famous for their different kinds of meats. It was Jungkook's suggestion and Jimin couldn't say no to his maknae, even if it was technically his get together.

Esik was immediately a bit hostile towards Taehyung and Jungkook. He spoke with Jimin a lot but sort of gave the younger two the cold shoulder when they tried speaking with him , so they spent a lot of time talking amongst themselves and with Jimin. Jungkook would try to join their conversation whenever Esik brought up his friendship with Jimin. The maknae would say things like "Oh yeah he is still like that!" and things of the sort. Esik kept glaring at him saying things like "I know, he was my friend first." Jimin started to notice that Esik was showing a bit of jealousy about his friendship with Jungkook and Taehyung. Although Jimin knew their bond was much deeper than friendship, those two were his brothers.

Jimin tried to lighten the mood when Esik seemed to be acting irritable, he was especially snappy with the two youngest singers. Jimin looked at Jungkook and Taehyung nervously, not too sure what to say to make the night less awkward. Taehyung tried taking charge of the conversation by asking Esik more about what him and Jimin did as kids.

"We did a lot together," Esik turned to Jimin, "Until he decided to make new friends."

Jimin bit his lip. He knew it was a back handed comment. He shrugged, "Life happens."

"I know. And I see you have quite the life now. I mean with the band and all. You all seem really close." Esik narrowed his eyes towards Taehyung and Jungkook.

"We're all close," Taehyung started, "I'd barely even consider us a band. We're really just a group of brothers who enjoy making music together."

"Brothers, huh?" Esik asked. Taehyung nodded.

"Maybe it's best not to be too close to him. In the end he'll just leave you too," Esik said to Taehyung. Taehyung and Jungkook glanced nervously at Jimin. Esik had made them extremely uncomfortable. They didn't understand why he was being so hostile towards them, and they noticed he wasn't exactly being nice to Jimin either. They could see how apprehensive Jimin seemed. He was doing his little nervous habits like biting his nails and bouncing his leg.