First Day of School

Icy fingers gripped my arm in the darkness. I jump while to see My mom Joyce hovering over me. Though something seemed off. "Onyx, you're late for the first day of senior year," she stated.

waking up on a beautiful Monday morning, lying in bed in a master bedroom, with a big window that filled the wall from left to right. peering out to the glorious beach, with the sunrise reflecting off the water. The room was a neutral beige, with a white king-size bed, with a candle fragrance of Lavender. Confused about what's going on, I quickly get dressed and I look in the mirror, thinking, why am I back to where I was centuries ago, knowing I'm human again? I sigh in disbelief.

I head downstairs to make myself a packed lunch of leftover salad with ranch and croutons.

"Hurry we don't have much time!" my mom demanded.

Then I ran out to the car, trying not to trip on the cracks of the sidewalk. While on our way there my mom goes on about the whole school year schedule and how things are going to be from this day forward, like chores and making sure the table is set and homework always comes first before yourself.

I just roll my eyes and sigh "ok, whatever mom I got it you don't need to keep explaining yourself. I'm eighteen and stop talking to me like I'm a typical two-year-old.

My mom clenched her jaw "Don't talk to me like that young lady! I know what's best for you!" she shouted.

Arriving at school in a Victorian private school, named Victoria central high, pulling up to the parking lot I jumped out of my seat and slammed the car door as hard as I could. while wearing Victorian clothing, a blouse, tunic dress, and pinafore. The white blouse has a round collar and fastens down the front. The starched white apron goes over the top of the blue tunic and is buttoned at the back, with the school logo embroidered on the top left front panel of the shirt. With shiny black hair pulled into a braid, a slight tint of mascara to make my sapphire blue eyes stand out, and a tint of pink lip-gloss.

Well, here, being the new kid at school. I walked to the first-class period, which was history, while the principal Mrs. Glock including the teacher Mr. Emmenson of this class greeted me with excitement and hugs. I don't know why they're all excited about me. I'm just another student showing up to school, ha-ha. A flush that creeps across the cheeks. While I look around the room with stares that make me want to crawl in a hole and hide until the school year is over.

Mrs. Glock hollered across the room "Hello Onyx, why don't you stand up at the front of the class and tell us about yourself?"

"Sure, why not," I said, with an anxious smile.

I greeted them with no response from the other students. "Hello, class."

"I'm Onyx..." not that far into introducing Myself. I just get laughed at because of my name. The teacher interrupts the class.

"That's enough!" Mrs. Glock shouted.

I continue with a gulp.

"I'm named after a black gem, an Arabian Greek name for an Agate gemstone. from the London part of the United Kingdom. I come from a wealthy family that I hope to meet someday. As of right now, I'm currently adopted by two wonderful parents."

"Well, that's all for now, thanks for listening!" I said with a quick pace to my desk.

I sat at the back of the class, scared that this year in a new place won't go well. Everyone stares at me while I walk to my seat. Looking around the boring plain white walls surrounding the room with only a green chalkboard hanging on the wall a few feet from me. I sink into my chair Flaring my nostrils and crumpling my paper beneath my hands. Next thing I hear the bell rings. I jolted as fast as a could out of my seat and quickly paced to my next class.