Blurb

As the eldest daughter of Queen Isabelle Brooks, Marcia is next in line for the crown. And with her reign quickly approaching as her mother plans to step down, the hunt for a prince for her to marry is only growing. Queen Isabelle refuses to let her rule alone after the difficulties she faced while having to do exactly that. She doesn't want her daughter to go through the same troubles.

There's just one problem. Marcia doesn't want to marry someone she hardly knows, let alone a prince. She's never once shown any interest in men. None of the princes of other kingdoms or wealthy young men in her own kingdom have ever caught her attention.

But there is someone who has.

There's a girl who lives in the village who Marcia has only ever been able to see from the window of her bedroom. She passes by the castle gates every evening, and every time she does, she looks up at Marcia and smiles. The princess can't help but blush and long to know more about this girl.

Anetra isn't very wealthy. She doesn't come from an upperclass family or have royal blood in her. But she's enamored by Princess Marcia even though she knows she can never have her. She knows there's no way someone with her status could ever love a girl like her. Marcia needed a prince, and Anetra was definitely not that.

Yet she still passes by the castle every evening on her way home from her marketplace job, just to steal a look at her. She's caught her looking back multiple times, and every time she does, Anetra gives her a wave. But she wishes she could do more.

And much to her excitement, the opportunity to do so comes with the announcement of the Masquerade Ball.

----

I'm so excited for this lmao