The beginning of an end

A desolate land with barely any sign of life but there's commotion full of life happening in the center.

Innes a dark short haired girl lays on the ground injured as her dad is trying to preserve her life alongside with his friend.

"Dad..is there anyway to get out of this situation" Innes said in a soft voice.

Her eyes start to feel heavy due to the damage sustained and is about to faint. The last few moments before her eyes shut her dad starts to glow white and there's a heavy force eminated to the surrounding area.

5 years later

The door opens with a pink long haired girl with the marking of two hearts under her left eye named Yeul comes through it.

"Hiiiiii Innes guess who's home" Yeul said loud and cheerfully walking in seeing Innes daydreaming on the couch.

"I know we live in a wasteland but you don't act like waste y'know" Yeul said to Innes while she stopped daydreaming.

"Alright let me pull out some entertainment in this dry wasteland" Innes said jokingly with a tired tone in her voice.

Yeul sighed looked around trying to look for Nir "Hey Innes where is mom at I found what she was looking for. She always misplaces her stuff I wonder if she knows where her toothbrush is at".

"Hmm well I think I saw her around back I think... Honestly I don't know what's been happening for the last 30 minutes. She should be around her somewhere though."

"Yeah I could tell you don't know what's going on". Yeul walked to the back of the small home finding her mom standing and looking off to the distance while clasping her hands. "Hey mom...I found what you were looking for it took a while but I found it".

"Oh really I was about ready to give up". Nir turned with her eyes closed and proceeds to hug and kiss Yeul's Forehead. "You really are a big help Mija you just prevented a heart attack"

Yeul smiled and relaxed at the scent of her embracing mother knowing she only did it to recieve her relaxing reward. "No problem mom I know Innes is no help so I'll step up"

"Come on Yeul let's go inside I gotta talk to Innes" They both went inside and saw Innes sitting down having a snack.

"Innes I got something that I've been wanting to talk to you about and I think we're both prepared for it". When Nir said that the atmosphere changed to a rather anxious one.

Yeul stands at the back just listening knowing well that whatever topic that is gonna be brought up isn't one she should get too involved in.

"What happened mom you look so nervous your eyes look different from usual". Innes tried avoiding eye contact due to how uncomfortable it was.

Nir tried to change her expression to a calm one "Do you remember what happened 5 years ago with your father back in our hometown".

There was a good 10 seconds of pure silence like if time had stop.

"Yeah it's the only reason we're in this area in the first place...". Innes said with a low tone of voice just staring down playing with her snack.

"Why bring it up now it's something that would be better left forgotten. Did you learn necromancy and gonna bring back dad or something." Innes said jokingly trying to get rid of the nasty atmosphere but more importantly not remember the Event.

Nir sighed holding the box she had in her hands tightly. "The day your father died he decided to leave something for you. I believe this was the best departing gift for you. I think this is his way of saying sorry for failing to survive and experiencing being a dad to you".

"Well let's see what it is I would like a way to remember him" Innes said with a blank expression on her face

Author's Note

I hope y'all enjoyed it it's my first time doing this and I hope it's not my last. I'll take 20 showers a day if I have to come up with the next part. Until then take care.