4th Love Letter

Dear Love,

There are days when I wake up with a feeling in the hopeful corner of my heart that this is the day, the special day, that I will finally meet you.

It lingers in my skin, like tiny electric currents. As if preparing my whole being for the moment that our eyes will finally find each other.  It makes my feet itch to go somewhere.  A place I don't know exactly where. But that feeling drives my feet to move. As if they are searching on their own for the path where our fates will finally cross.  And always,  I search for you amidst the crowd.  I wait and long for our eyes to meet.  But always, I go home with a dismayed feeling because it didn't happen.

But maybe you were really there. Maybe we were in the same line when I ordered a cup of coffee in that coffee shop.  Maybe you were in front of me but you were busy with that business phone call you were having on your cellphone. Or maybe you were behind me, but I was too focused on choosing what to order that I didn't look back even once. Maybe our shoulders even bumped against  each other when we were about to go to our separate tables. But both of us just said sorry thoughtlessly and never even bothered to look each other's faces. 

Maybe we were really meant to meet each other that day. Maybe that feeling I woke up to was true. But we only passed  by each other and we lost our chance.  And now, we have to wait again for fate to turn, to give us another chance to at last find each other. Till then...

From the woman who waits