-=₪۩۞۩₪= the cat =₪۩۞۩₪=-

The calico dragged it's paws as they walked alone through the twisted labyrinth of alleyways. The sun beat down on their fur, causing no burns despite their nature.

After all, it had been five years ago when they alone had found that accursed flower and gained the true forever the king had always sought.

Filth stained their paw pads, but they didn't bother to shake it off. They can clean after they return home, for now, they need food. Their red collar rubbed against their neck, an empty metal clip disturbing the fur across their chest.

Every pawstep shifted their markings, like a disturbed lava lamb. The "circle of tea" called feline stepped out towards the end of the alley, allowing their gradient, lightless eyes to water as they sat pitiful at the entrance of the passageway.

Many mortals, twolegs, humans, whatever term, wandered by. Some coo and awe at the sight of the filthy calico, others turn their noses up in disgust. The cat didn't mind, peacefully waiting as the routine they've had for the past decade and a half went. They waited for one mortal to make the mistake.

The creature lowered themselves into a crouch and began to lick the filth from their pelt. 𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺.  They pondered to themselves, their brain empty besides their own voice. The echo didn't hurt, that wound should've healed a decade ago now, shouldn't it have?

They startled as a hand laid upon their head, soft words finally reaching their ears as their vision refocused to bright red sneakers crouched in front of them.

Chachamaru's neck snapped quickly as they turned and bit into the hand that dared to touch them. Blood flowed soothingly into their mouth, and they greedily drank it up. The hand surprisingly didn't fully jerk away, just a slight flinch. As if the mortal was used to agony.

The calico's eyes narrowed in curiosity as soothing words passed through the air once again and the mortals other hand began massaging the back of their neck.

The feline twisted lightly, curious as to this mortal's appearance, if their so bold as to continue soothing a creature that was actively trying to eat them.

Those ever gradient eyes sparkled with light once again, tears disturbing the fur below as the lost feline took in the human's appearance.

Green to black hair, an ever familiar voice, and such kindness only they could ever remember.

Tears and blood flowed freely as Chachamaru loosened their hold on that hand. A single thought echoed through their empty mind,  a memory filled with ash and sunlight nearly drowning it out.

...Yushiro..?