The Xavier Bennett

The ship's horn roared, alarming all passengers to debark the ship at once.
Anne and Cole chat while leaving the ship, when they turn a corner and collide into to the tall boys space making him unhand his belongings. They both don't realize who they've encountered until they look up and see it was the boy staring.
"Were so terribly sorry!" Anne's eyes too focused on getting his things balanced. Cole and the tall boy scattering the belongings accidentally brushed hands and make quick eye contact.
"Is there any-" Anne stares at the tall boy and he stares at her, Cole confused not knowing the recognition, his stomach twisted.
'why are they staring at each other' he thought feeling confused but also a bit covetous.
"Anne?" The tall boy says with a medium voice that Cole found oddly alluring.
"Xavier? It's you! Xavier Bennett!?" Anne says amazed.
"Well who do you think it is?" Xavier says sarcastically joking.
"What are you doing here I thought you were supposed to be in Toronto?" Anne says.
"I just needed a new view...some more scope." He said looking at Anne. He almost looked like he didn't know why he was traveling.
"So does that mean your moving to Avonlea?" Anne inquires.
"Not quite...I actually don't have plans for that yet. I don't have anywhere to stay." Xavier said softly.
*Anne gasped*
"You could come with us to Aunt Josephine's house and spend the night! Oh, please would you? Wouldn't it be so wonderful two old friends reuniting once again- Oh wouldn't that be darling Cole!?"
Anne turns to Cole looking for his approval.
"We would love your company." Cole gently smiles and nods his head to greet Xavier.
"And what's your name pretty boy?" Xavier puts his hand out to Cole and smiles.
"Oh um Cole. My names Cole." Cole calmly says.
They shake hands and part. As soon as they touch Cole has so many butterflies in his stomach he grows to feel sick almost like they're coming out of him. Only he doesn't know Xavier felt it even more. But Cole procieves to stay calm. Well at least on the outside.

Anne was to busy to notice the comment Xavier made to Cole which he was glad because he couldn't think quick enough...it just
came out.

'Pretty boy'
'Pretty boy'
'Pretty boy'

Cole repeated these words over and over in his mind. It felt like he was in a dream. Could he really be like him?  'No....quit being weird, he was just being nice and your over reacting! But the way he stared...he's so cute! Why is he so cute? Do guys say that to other guys? Maybe he likes Anne ... I doubt he likes me. He's so tall -and his eyes ......'

While all of this was going on very quickly through Cole's head, Anne and Xavier were catching up.
"So where are you staying now...or before I guess?"
"Just rented a place. But I don't know... I like being out! Being there just feels like I'm wasting my life." Xavier says.
" Well ,selfishly, I'm most splendidly glad to make your acquaintance!" Anne politely calls out.
"Still using your big words I see." Xavier gives a light chuckle and glances over to Cole.
" Oh has she always been using a wide vocabulary?" Cole starts to laugh too.
"Sure has!" Xavier puts his hand on Anne's shoulder.
"Man, you've grown!" Xavier says expressively.
"You have too! I didn't know anyone could be taller than Cole!" Anne jokes back.
"Yeah someone that's actually my height!It's good to see." Xavier looks Cole up and down, satisfied in what he saw.
Cole's face turned pink.
"Cant say I don't think otherwise.. Please, come out with me in public so I don't feel so tall!!!" Cole jokes and they all start laughing.
" My pleasure, as long as we can be friends." Xavier says to Cole smiling.
"Of course.." Cole says still giggling but flattered.