Chapter 9

You look into his eyes and don't know what to say and it looks like the word he said didn't sink in in your mind. "Come again?" You ask. Saiki takes a deep breath and looks at you, "I can read your mind, y/n. All this time"

Your heart begins to beat so fast and the only thing that runs into your mind is the words he spoke.

"I can read your mind, y/n"

"I. CAN. READ. YOUR. MIND. Y/N!"

You gasp for air and almost fell into the ground but you pick yourself up fast. "Your joking, right?" you chuckle waiting for his answer and telling you he is just messing you around.

"I wish I can, y/n, but I'm not. I can read your mind" and now he said it thrice, he's not joking. The smile disappeared from your lips and you just stared at him for a few seconds. "I need to go home now my mom is probably worried about me now." You begin to walk but Saiki grabs your wrist and stops you.

"Y/n let me explain!" you took your hand back but you didn't face him, "Please not now, I have a lot on my plate and I need to clear my mind first, goodbye!" You run and pray that Saiki didn't follow you and he did. He just stares at you until you disappear from his sight.

"Oh! My ghad! Oh! My ghad! Oh! My ghad! What do I do? What do I do? Is he for real? Is he really reading my mind all this time? Oh! My ghad!" You panicked. You walk around inside your room with your right hand holding your left elbow and pressing your lips with your left hand.

"So, he knew? He knew I have a crush on him!!!" You stop walking and stare into nothing while trying to sink in all the information you learn this day in your mind! you knelt down and covered your face with your palms and you could feel the heat on your face. "This is so embarrassing as fck! I can't face him anymore!" You said.

You look around trying not to bump into Saiki because of what happened yesterday you are not ready to face him and talk to him and you are also glad that he's not your classmate because it would be awkward. You start walking again when you did not see him. Other students look at you because of your trying-to-sneak-out tactic just to avoid Saiki but you don't care at all. It is more important not to see Saiki today than to mind what people think of you right now. After a couple of minutes, you reach your shoe locker and slowly open and put your shoe on when you heard Nendou's voice behind you.

"Good morning. y/n, what are you doing?" you flinch and slowly turn around and hoping he's not with Saiki because you know they are always together. Your eyes grew big when you see Saiki beside him staring right into your eyes and it feels like he can see your soul too because of his stares.

"Nothing! See you later!" You quickly put on your shoes and ran without looking back at them, you almost tripped on the way up just don't see Saiki again.

"What's wrong with y/n today?" Nendou asked Saiki as he close the door of your shoe locker, "why is she in such a hurry? Did she see a ghost? What do you think, Pal?" Nendou looks at Saiki but he's gone already! "Ah! Pal! Where are you?" He see Saiki walking to their room as if they are not together. "Pal, wait up!

You can't stop yourself from looking through the door of your room hoping to see Saiki walking past because your room is ahead of his. And you're not disappointed because you see him walking alone you immediately look down the moment you saw him and hope he doesn't read your mind again. You also saw Nendou, Kaido, and Aren after, they wave at you and you wave back.

"Are you okay, y/n? You look tense." Ask Reita I guess he noticed you were restless. "I'm fine! I'm just lack of sleep" It's true, you can't sleep last night and it is all Saiki's fault. Well, you weren't literally blaming him you're just being skeptical about what he said.

You try to focus on what your teacher is teaching when you heard Saiki trying to communicate with you through telepathy.

"Y/n? are you okay?" You freak out causing other students to look at you, you bow as a sign of sorry.

[talking using telepathy]

"Saiki?"

"Yes! It's me. Can we talk?"

"Are you talking to me using your mind like before?"

"Yes!"

"OMG! So, it's not a dream?"

"Can we talk outside later?"

"Ahm.."

"I promise I will tell you everything and I will answer all your questions just let me talk to you.

"Uhm... Okay? Just stop this before I'm going crazy!"

"Okay! Sorry."

You close your eyes and take a deep breath before you let everything sink into your mind. This thing is for sure gonna blow your mind.