Part 4- Understanding You

One Week Later:

Kissing someone.. what meaning did it held? A kiss meant showing intimacy, passion and your desire towards someone.
Practially it showed your compatability with someone. Whether it clicks or not. Isint that what he had been looking for?

That night when she had comforted him.. and he had followed her outside.. he had caught her in surprise. He had kissed her passionately.. he had felt her tremble in his arms as he held her close.. It felt good for once to lead in showing desire.. Did she really think she could play him? He felt smug and excited when she saw stepped back and stare at him in wonder and surprise.. Exactly what he needed to do.. have the control in this relationship then he will be fine..

Aryan leaned back and stared at his two bestfriends.. Gaurav ranted nonstop while Sameer was irritted with Gaurav behavior.. "Dude can you stop already? I get you are unhappy.. "
Gaurav threw a impatient look "When are we going to meet your future wife? I thought you did not want to marry your mom's choice?"
Aryan sighed "I will bring her to meet you guys soon. Its just things had been hectic and rushed i had no time to let you know.."
Aryan kind of regretted telling them about her family.. maybe it was too judgemental? It did not feel good to badmouth her family.. but they were his closest friends.. they had to know about their nature in case they met him the family in future..
"To be honest you surprised me too. I really thought Naina aunty will find you some sophisticated girl to marry.. but who thought you would marry a teacher?" He spoke amused..
Aryan frowned disliking the comparison.. yet he chose to be silent.. he didint want to give an impression that he was already obsessed about her. When he was clearly not!
Sameer however picked on his changing mood.. "Dude i didint mean to offend you okay.. I was jst surprised.."
"I am not.." he replied denying..
"Yea right.. I cant believe this. The way you have described they sound like jokers only! Why are you reducing your standards?" Gaurav spoke unhappily..
"Just shutup okay.." Aryan muttered.. " I dont want to discuss this.."
"Gaurav calm down this is none of your business.." Sameer spoke irritatedly..
"Yea right shut me up.. I will judge myself when i meet them.. " Gaurav muttered while scrolling through his phone frown..

Aryan sighed.. it felt weird and wrong when he listened his friend judge her and the family.
But was that exactly what he had been doing since they met?

Sameer spoke "So the event is on right? The party of 10th anniversary of your company.. Is your future wife and family attending?"
Aryan cursed and took his phone as he realised he had totally forgotten about it.. the party was gonna be held in next 2 days!
"Ahhh thats right.. invite them.. i shall judge them myself then.." Gaurav spoke smugly..
Somehow that gave Aryan a bad vibe.. He had a bad feeling about this..

Onething Aryan realized about his wife to be is she liked to text a LOT. Like a lot!
His day started with Goodmorning message..
*Aryaaaannnnn!! Goodmorning 🥰🥰🥰🥰*
The messages often followed with a lot of emojis..
Its been a week and he thought he would have got used to her constant messaging him.. she would check on him be it morning, afternoon, evening or night..
Sometimes he would forget to reply *deliberately* too.. Not that she complained.. she would never complain.. Even if he replied late she would always talk back joyfully..
He had come to accept thats how she is..
Aryan cleared his thoughts and msged Imlie..
"Hey.. Lunch?"
Dude... you were just going to invite her for the party!
Before he could regret she replied..
"Awesome!! Haha! Where should i meet you 😊??"
"No need.. I will pick you up.."
"Cant wait!! 😍😍😍"
Oh the emojis were back again..
And he wondered when he would be used to it..

Aryan parked the car infront of small private school where Imlie taught.. He saw her at the entrance talking to someone.. A group of students were around.. He couldnt take his eyes of how beautiful she looked when she smiled.. and the way she stared at the children so loving and adoringly..
She would make such a perfect mother..
Woah where had that thought come from now? Kids didint have to be discussed yet..
He shook his head to clear of his thoughts.. finally she noticed him as he got out of the car.. she grinned and rushed towards him..
"Hey! Am i late??" Instant concern filled her eyes..
"No i just came.." he cleared his throat as he fought back the urge to kiss and greet her properly.. a cheek kiss wouldnt hurt right.. he leaned down and kissed her cheek when he heared few giggles..
"Hey Miss.. is this ur boyfriend??" Came a small voice so he looked to see a boy grinning at them..
Imlie leaned towards him hugging him from a side.. "He is my husband to be.."
Gosh.. the gesture made him feel soft..
"Imlie.. we need to go.. " he spoke hurriedly as he saw a crowd around them.. several parents were already congratulating her as she blushed and smiled..
"Ofcourse.. Lets go.. bye guys!" She waved at her students before leaving..

She passed the menu to the waiter as they finished ordering for lunch..
"I didint realize you would pick chinese food.." Aryan admitted surprised..
"I like trying different cuisines.. Mom and Dad loves having outing to go and try some new food.." she explained..
His curiosity got best of him.. "Are your parents always this happy? Just like you?"
He saw her smile fade.. but she recovered from it and smiled widely.. once again that made him curious..
Was she hiding something?
"My parents have taught me happiness makes things better. A smile a day keeps trouble away.. " She winked at him..
"Happiness is not always good" he muttered unhappily..
Their food arrived by then.. She watched the delicious food being placed and clapped excitedly..
Unknowingly he smiled.. the small gestures of happiness she showed was getting to him.. despite of hating the feeling..
He looked away but she had already seen his smile.. "Happiness is good Aryan.. in fact pretty contagious too.. I made you smile already.. You cant help it.. " She giggled..

The lunch went on smoothly.. for a change he found it easy to connect more openly and discuss things with her.. she was also a good listener and he wondered if he should open about his father to her.. No not yet.. he had to stay in control.. he did not want to make himself weak..
He then remembered why he had wanted to meet her in first place.. as the food got cleared and they sipped their coffee he tried to speak.. "Listen.."
"Did you like me at the first meet Aryan?" Imlie questioned curiously..
"Uh... I think so..." he replied uncertainly..
"You arent sure?" She gave a teasing look.. he tensed as he felt her brush her feet on his legs..
he leaned towards her.. "Dont play me.." He whispered to her.. his voice strianing..
"Why? You dont think it will be fun?" She whispered.. he liked seeing the desire in her eyes.. it felt like a good change to have someone daring and not hesitant to showing attraction..
It made him like her a lot!
"Come with me.." He threw several bills on the table and took hold of her hand..

"Have you ever made out in a car?" He questioned as they parked in his private basement area away from wandering eyes..
"Are you kidding me.. " she whispered nervously as he dragged on her his lap.. "I just had one boyfriend and we hardly held hands even!" She confessed..
He pulled her close as kissed her lips.. slowly biting on her lower lip as she whimpered.. "So i am the first one to do this.." he brushed soft kisses on her lips and smiled as she laughed.. he trailed kisses on her jaw to her neck and slowly bit on her soft skin... "Or to do this.."
"Aryan please.." she gasped as he once again caught her lips on kissed her intensly.. He couldnt control the attraction they had.. his hands were running under her shirt.. loving the touch of her soft skin..
Yet he controlled his desire and pulled back..
She set back and her seat panting heavily.. "Woah that was fun.. "
"Too bad.. I have to return back office and drop you home.. " He spoke regretfully as they drove towards her house..
During the journey she kept brushing her hand on his arm.. it felt soothing and comforting.. instead of feeling discomfort he was liking it more now..
As they reached her home she turned to him smiling.. "do you wanna come in?"
He knew that would mean hearing one more song.. "I must run back to work.." He quickly spoke..
"Thats totally fine.." She pressed his hand and turned to leave..
"Listen Imlie.. There is a party in 2 days.. My company is celebrating 10th year.. I would like to invite you and your parents.."
"Wow! Congratulations.." she clapped her hands.. by now he realized that was just common with her..
"I will send you details.." he waved at her and watched her run inside..

By the night Aryan took a shower and laid down on bed recalling the events of the day.. who would have thought his life would become so chaotic in a weeks time. It was not something he had ever thought would happen.. yet he felt glad that he was allowing himself to give time in understanding her.. The behavior and actions were definitely not something he was used to.. but his mom always reminded him how one must often adjust with things to make it happen..

He suddenly recalled absurd reaction of Gaurav on his decision of marrying Imlie.. He did not like the way Gaurav has spoken smugly about judging imlie and her family.. something felt off and omnious about his tone..
Gosh he better not create any drama there..

Aryan sighed tiredly and took his phone it pinged with a message.. it was Imlie.. as expected.. wishing him Goodnight..

"I had a great time today.. future husband.. Have a goodnight ❤️❤️"

It was followed with a new message..
"You cant run away from happiness silly.. I smile so you smile ☺️"

And he smiled as he closed his eyes and fell into a comforting sleep..

"It was indeed contagious"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ♡♡♡