十七┃ still alive

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN,
Still Alive

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN,Still Alive

Months have passed, the end of winter has finally came months ago in the Hidden Leaf

Months have passed, the end of winter has finally came months ago in the Hidden Leaf. The snow melted as wind blew harshly on every crevice of the outdoors. In all the coldness, auburn hair blew with it, Yume knelt down and set a small bouquet of flowers on a gravestone. Just recently, Obito's Grandmother passed away.

It was peaceful, the only person who visited her on her final day was Yume.

The ingrave was pretty, just as the woman was. Yume visited her frequently after his passing, to ensure she wouldn't be alone in her time of grief. Tilting her head ahead, the memorial stood large, the site she used to avoid. With much pestering from Rin, Yume found herself a few feet near the site, it was large and made of stone. I pang hit her chest as she stared longly at each name, so many were there...

She spotted his name, clear as day, Obito Uchiha, now idealized as a fallen hero.

She felt nothing, not to this monument, it has his name, but it lacks his presence. It gave her no comfort, no reassurance. There wasn't even a body they could've recovered, for all these Shinobi. Her mind went back to the front lines, to the 'enemy' Shinobi she striked down, who was crying. There was no grave or monument for him, he was lost and forgotten on the field, only the ones who knew him could grieve.

She sighed to herself, putting her palms together and her head down, her long bangs covering her view. She hasn't gotten the chance to trim her hair out, not really having the time to do so.  Standing back up, Yume's gaze returned to the gravestone in front of her.

Through the last months since his death, the only person she went to willingly was his grandmother. It gave her a small comfort in hearing about Obito each time, how he was and stories about him she didn't even know about.

On her deathbed, his grandmother took her hand and smiled, it made Yume's hand shivering in sadness. Her last words were directly to Yume, "I'll make sure to tell him, I'm sure he'll be so happy to hear that!"

Though she didn't understand what the woman was implying, Yume felt a wave of comfort by those gentle words. She cared for him so deeply, like he was a part of her own soul. In a sense, the only comparison she could make was how Minato felt for Kushina. How he... loves her so deeply that he can't ever bear to lose her.