"I can't let that happen!"

(Tuesday, 16.05.2023)
*11 days till the wedding*

𝕊𝕚𝕞𝕠𝕟

'We'll be there in 5' I read the text from Rosh while eating the rest of my cereal.

I couldn't get any sleep tonight and now I'm so tired. I feel like shit and probably look like it too.

The announcement of the wedding was all over the news and the only thing the people were talking about. It was like there was no escape from this.

*ding dong*

'That must be Ayub and Rosh!'

I stood up and walked over to open the door.
"Hey man! Whats up?" Ayub pattet me on the back.
"Wow you look like shit!" Rosh said as soon as she saw me, her eyes going big.

"Hi guys, nice to see you too!" I said sarcastically.

We went to the living room and sat down on the couch. Rosh turned to me. "I assume you heard about the wedding!"

"How could I miss it? Basically everyone is talking about it!"

Ayub and Rosh looked at each other and then turned to me again.

"Simon it's been 7 years, you have to get over him. He is not coming back!"

Even though it's the truth, it still hurts to hear it.

"I know but-" I got interrupted by Rosh. "No buts! It's really bad for your health and I'm not letting you feel like this, because of that jerk, who left you and broke your trust twice! He doesn't deserve you!"

"Yeah, you deserve someone way better than him!" Ayub added.

After Wille left me, Ayub and Rosh hated him for what he did to me. I understand them, they are my friends and just want to protect me.

I groaned. "I know, I know, I just can't.. I can't get over him! God I'm so pathetic!" I put my face in my hands.

"Hey, you're NOT pathetic, okay?" Rosh put her hand on my shoulder. "You're not pathetic for loving someone!"

"I just don't know what to do! I wish I could get him back!" I sniffed, still hiding my face with my hands.

There was a small pause. No one said a thing.
Suddenly I got an idea. I stood up dramatically and began to walk around the room.

"Simon what are you doing?" They looked at me confused.

I stopped walking, standing in the middle of the room. "I can't let that happen!" I whispered to myself.

"Okay, I know this might sound a little crazy but I think I got an idea!" I said turning to them.

"Simon, what kind of an insane idea do you have now?" Rosh already looked worried of what's to come and I think she should be.

"What if I try to get him back?"

Ayub spit out his drink and looked like he just saw a ghost.

Rosh stood up. "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND COMPLETELY?! HE IS GETTING MARRIED IN TWO WEEKS, SIMON!! NOT TO MENTION THAT HE IS THE CROWN PRINCE OF SWEDEN AND BROKE YOUR HEART TWICE!!!"

"Rosh please, I have to at least try! He was my only true love! You don't have to help me but I really need to do this!"

Rosh shook her head. "That's insane!! Ayub back me up here!" We both looked at him.

"I mean if Simon really thinks that Wilhelm is the only one for him, then I think he should try!"

"Wait what?!" Me and Rosh blurted out at the same time.