Insomnia *Blue Exorcist One Shot*

'Aaarrgghh! I can't sleep!' The half demon complained in his mind, so he wouldn't wake Yukio up. He jumped out of his bed -which action surprised Kuro and made him jump too- and stepped out of the dorm, heading to where his legs would lead him. Perhaps he could drink some milk or go out and play with Kuro, but now that he was already in the kitchen he would go for the milk.

Walking towards the refrigerator, he drank right from the milk carton and then gave Kuro some since he was complaining too much about how Rin was going to drink it all by himself.

"Oi, don't worry, it's not like there ain't other milk cartons over there!" He said with a smirk, emptying the rest of the milk on a bowl that he placed in front of Kuro. "And don't ya dare spill 'cause you'll clean it!" But that wouldn't be a hard work for the cat, he could just lick the hell out of the table where he was having his milk on and voila! So clean Rin could see his own reflect.

Kuro begun to drink his milk, it was slightly warm for being outside the refrigerator a while. He liked it as much as every normal cat would. Except that his love for human food couldn't be called 'normal'. "Huh?" He stopped drinking and looked to the entry of the kitchen, a girl in pajamas was standing there. "Rin! Who is she?" He had heard calling her 'Eyebrows' but he didn't quite remember her real name.

"Ara?" Rin turned, milk dripping on a corner of his mouth as he finished yet another milk carton. He passed his hand to wipe it out, seeing the purple-haired girl, there was something different on her. Maybe it was that she didn't have her usual ponytails or that she wasn't seeing her in her usual uniform. Or both. "Izumo?"

"Ohh, that's he name, I see!" Kuro said, then getting back to his dear milk.

"What're ya doing up so late?"

"I wanted coffee." She walked straight towards the machine and filled the cup on her hand with coffee with milk.

Rin understood her simplicity. But he spotted his attention immediately, something on the girl's hand. Could it be...? "Eh? What's that?" He asked, pointing at the magazine she was holding on her other hand. He was surprised it wasn't a book or something about exorcism because he knew she had to study a lot to be as smart as she was.

The tamer turned, taking a sip of her coffee. "Hm?" She glanced down at her other hand and panicked, she forgot she had that with her to begin with. "Nothing!" She yelled, hurrying herself back to the room.

Rin was sure it was a manga, guiding himself by the colors, it was a romantic one but it was no shoujo... When Izumo turned to leave, he saw the cover.

"Shounen-ai, huh?" He said, teasingly. "Or maybe it is..." He paused.

Izumo stopped her tracks abruptly, holding tightly her cup of coffee. She was just in the doors of the kitchen how he could have seen the covers! It was when she walked away the coffee machine? She was practically close of him when she did so. Oh, boy.

"Yaoi?" He pronunced the word slowly with a hand on his chin and a cruel smile. This was sure gold to have fun with her!

Her face turned in a bright shade of red, hugging the manga against her chest so he couldn't see the cover.

"Just kiddin'!" He laughed, "you were so hurried and you didn't want me to see it. I was just kiddin'!"

A sweatdrop. Was he really that dumb?! A sigh of relieve. "Yokatta..."

"Huh?"

She turned to face him, the cover of her manga against her chest so he couldn't see what was it. "What are you doing up so late?!"

"Wha?!" He was surprised by the sudden of the question. "I can't sleep." He placed a hand on the back of his head.

She huffed. "And for that you're gonna drink all the milk?" She mumbled under her breath and the shook it off. "Okay." That was what she said before turning around again, ready to leave until...