Chpt. 1

You had seen her on screen many times before, but never in person. To be completely honest, you weren't all that interested in her. Sure she was a crime-fighting hero, but so were the rest of the Avengers, everybody knows that there's a new one practically every other day. All they do is destroy the cities around them. Besides, you don't have time to worry or fawn over people like her, you have better things to do. Such as acing your interview that is coming up. 

Jerry, your landlord, just recently kicked you out of your apartment. You couldn't find anything in your price range in the city you were living in at the time, so you had to move to this new city and in turn, get a new job. While you were trying to find a job, you stumbled across an assistant for a big-time tech company in upstate New York. You decided that your qualities would fit the job perfectly, so you spoke with the employer and scored yourself a job interview, which started in mere hours.

You finished moving into the new apartment earlier this week, though, you still had some things to tidy up. Otherwise, your new apartment is spotless. When you got the eviction notice, you took it as the start of a new beginning. You would move away from the awful memories drowning you in that god-awful apartment, leave your abusive ex-employer, and start a new life. This time will be different.

You put on the finishing touches of your outfit, put on your watch, and fix your hair. You're ready to go. You grab your wallet and keys and walk out to your car. Your car smells of fresh lavender, your favorite smell. You start the car and drive to the new place you hope to work at. It is pretty far from your new apartment, but you've heard that it's a good place to work, so you don't mind. As you walk into the lobby, you are greeted with smiles and a whole bunch of "welcome"s. You smile and nod your head as you make your way to the elevator. The meeting information email that you were sent tells you that the meeting room is room 37 on floor 4. Once in the elevator, you push the button with the '4' on it and stand back to allow others onto the elevator. 

After a very awkward elevator ride, you reach your destination and get off. Your search for the meeting room where you will be interviewed only takes a few minutes. You politely knock on the door before entering, saying a little "hello?" when you walk in. In front of you, a person turns around in a chair with a smile on their face. He is a handsome man, probably 6 foot, with auburn hair and brown eyes, moderately sized muscles, and an expensive-looking suit.

"Hello, you must be my 5 o'clock. Y/n? Come on in, sit," the man says.

You enter the room fully now, sitting in the chair across the desk from his, "Yes, that would be me".

"Wonderful, my name is Nick Millers, but you can just call me Nick, or Mr. Millers if that's what you're more comfortable with. Now we're just going to jump right on into the interview if you don't mind. I'm just going to ask you a few questions about yourself and how you will fit into the environment of this job here. Then I will leave some time open for you to ask me some questions, if any. Does that sound good?" the man explains this to you while looking at some papers on his desk.

"Yes, that's perfect," You reply, trying to be as nice as possible.

After some time, you get through all of the questions with little to no struggle, but you start to feel like somebodies eyes are on you. You shrug it off and continue with the interview as normal, asking a few questions about his company in turn.

"Well, I think that went great," Mr. Millers said happily, "I'm going to have you come back next week at the same time to just sign some papers, and we will be able to get started on your training soon after that. Thank you so much for coming in today."