Part 2

My Unexpected New Friend
Part 2

Author's Note: This story is fiction and was written for entertainment purposes only. This is my original written work, please do not copy it. If you share it, please give me credit. Thank you.

I hope you enjoy it <3

Y/N: Your Name
S: Sergio
(Everyone else's names will be typed out)

It had been years since you had any desire to go to school. Before you met Sergio, you spent nearly every morning crying until you couldn't breathe and ending up late to school every day because your mom said you couldn't stay home. Now, you started waking up earlier than you usually do to give yourself enough time to do your hair and even put on some lip gloss, mascara, and draw your overplucked eyebrows on. You finally had a reason to look good, and it wasn't because you wanted to date Sergio or even impress him. It was because you felt good.

You and Sergio spent many lunch periods at the library chatting about random stuff and showing each other weird things you'd find on the internet. Some days you'd even occupy a practice room to perform covers and even try to write music.

He talks to so many people, you are not sure how he can even remember all their names. Even though he would jokingly pick on his friends from time to time, you admired how polite he was to everyone. You wanted the confidence he had to just be yourself, do what made you happy and not care what anyone else thought.

You learned a lot about each other in those past few weeks, like how he was a junior (in more ways than one) and that you were born almost exactly a year apart. On his birthday, he brought cupcakes for each of you to share because he knew your birthday was just a week after his and that you hated going to school on your birthday, so he wasn't expecting you to show up.

You found out he had three siblings, two older sisters and a twin brother. You nearly freaked out when he said he's a twin because you always thought twins were the cutest thing ever. You met him, his name is Joseph and he had the same charm and manners as Sergio. You told Sergio you're an only child and left it at that. You didn't know him that well to get into further detail. You also didn't want him feeling sorry for you, especially over something that happened a long time ago that was completely out of your control.

This ecstatic feeling of thinking someone actually cared you existed lasted for a few more weeks until you realized he started distancing himself from you out of nowhere. He stopped coming to the library for lunch and you would only share a few words in class whenever you had to.

On a Friday night in December, you were walking around downtown and approached someone performing live music. You recognized that voice anywhere, it was Sergio. Some people walked by and left money in his guitar case while others stayed and watched his entire performance. Among them were his parents, friends, and complete strangers. When he was done performing, everyone clapped and cheered while you stood there on the verge of tears. You both made eye contact for a minute, then you started to run as fast as your legs could carry you.

S: "Y/N! Wait!" *collects his money and gifts, puts his guitar away, hands it to his parents and starts running after you*

You were full on crying even harder every corner you turned till your body just gave out and you collapsed on the ground.

S: "Y/N I can explain please!"