Chapter 2

"It's Hell, what do you expect? Now, this must be a prank. I can book you a ticket to Heaven, but it would take--"
As expected. He didn't believe me either. But to be fair, I hardly believed him when he told me he was the infamous Satan.

"No, I chose to be here." I finally said, despite the fact that I was almost clearly lying through my teeth.

"Are you in some Satanic Cults? Stuff like that?" - the Lord of Hell raised an eyebrow at me. -"Or you did something guilty and want to repent for it?"

"No, I just chose to be here." I repeated. Sounding a little more sure this time.

Satan laughed, a laugh so genuine it brought tears to my eyes. You could clearly see this man, or devil, hasn't laugh like that in a long time.

"Finally someone! A friend!" He said as he flashed me the toothiest grin that almost made me forget where I was and who I was talking to.

Now I was the dumbfounded one.

"You see," - he said, still chuckling, - "the Cultists left once they see me like this, and the guilty ones did when they know there is a Redemption Center up there."

"To be honest, I was a little bit disappointed. I thought you would be more--".

"Scary-looking? Honey, like this?" - in front of me was my ex-wife Samantha, as sinister as the day we divorced and she took my house and my car. Due to the shock, I lost my job as well. I recovered, yes, but it was a wound better left untouched.
I wanted to say 'I didn't think you'd be so attractive' but I wasn't sure how he'd take that not only because I'm a stranger but because we're both men.

"Okay," - the blond man was here again - "I can look like all that you can imagine and more, but I prefer this. Come in, you live here now."

"Look, Satan, here is the catch. I only chose to go to Hell because I wanted some fame. No, it was more like the most radical choice I've ever made."
I didn't want to break the news to him, but he's right. I live here now for all of eternity. I should at least be honest to the man that I'm supposed to be living with.

"Oh," - I heard something broke inside him - "So, you want me to book you a ticket?". Hearing his voice crack like that almost broke me as well.

"No, not like that. I mean I was not here because I like Hell. I mean I lived a half-assed life with half-assed effort, so maybe I want to be more than just anybody. But I will stay, really."

"Well, I don't really care why you picked Hell over Heaven." - Now it was the sound of hope restored mixed in his sigh. - "I hate to admit it, but it was getting incredibly lonely here. The last group of people I saw, I almost up and begged them to stay". Satan said with the most pitiful look in his eyes.

"I never meant for Hell to come to have such a bad reputation. I mean," - he muttered, mostly for himself - "I put up all these fire so that the souls can feel warm and cozy, the pillows I spent so much time making, and the doormat too. I just want to make them feel at home..."

"Now I have all of this space that I have no idea what to do with. But that reminds me, let me show you to your room."

We walked to an endless hall reminding me of the college dorm. Satan pointed at the first room.

"This one is mine. You can choose whatever that pleases you."

"I'll get this one, then." - I touched the door of the room next to his, and I saw a light in his eyes I haven't encountered since my first Christmas that I could remember. He's the first man I've ever genuinely thought was adorable.

"Give me moment to clean things up. No one has been there since....forever." - Satan entered my room. As he passed through the door, he asked - "You'll...I mean, you aren't going to leave, are you?"

I have never seen a soul more lonely.

"I'll stay."

Hi guys 👋. I'm gonna be honest and say that I completely forgot about this until I went back onto wattpad. I'm going to pick this story back up because I love the concept. Please write suggestions in the comment section on how I should continue their romance. Also note this is not going to be steamy or angsty. Just pure fluff. I love y'all 💕💕💕💕