❤️

(This is set in third person POV)

It was a very comforting Sunday afternoon. The television was playing some random comedy. Sunday was movie night after all and they took turns choosing what to watch where no one was able to complain as they knew they'll have an opportunity to choose next time.

James and Aiden were cuddled up on the couch, a big, fuzzy blanket covering them. They were in their pajamas as they took lazy Sunday very seriously. They would occasionally laugh at whatever joke was told in the movie. That was until Aiden sat up, looking toward his boyfriend of what was it... three, no four years? He then spoke, "I need to go use the restroom. I think it'd be best to pause the movie until I get back." James eagerly nodded, "sounds good. We need a refill of our popcorn." They both stood up, the blanket falling to the ground as they walked their separate ways.

On Aiden's side, he walked into the bathroom where he opened the cabinet that held their toothbrushes that had covers over them, deodorant, medicine and other necessities. He then grabbed a box from it that was cleverly disguised as a bandaid package. He then opened it and smiled to himself as he seen what was inside it. He then closed it back up, placed it into his pocket before flushing the toilet and washing his hands, to make the illusion that he actually used the restroom.

On James' side, he walked into the kitchen where he heated up the popcorn in the microwave before looking around and opening a drawer where he pulled out a box disguised as a never opened salt container. He opened it to double check that the thing kept in it was still there. He smiled to himself before putting it into his pocket and then waiting for the popcorn to finish. When it did, he put it in a bowl and walked out to the living room.

The two of them arrived to the living room at the same time and they smiled widely toward each other. "Hey, turn around, I think I saw something on your back." James spoke, Aiden rose an eyebrow before nodding and turning around. They both took that as a perfect opportunity to do what they planned. Though, they needed to keep their cools for the mean while. James sat on one knee as he had put his hand up to pretend to be pulling something off his shirt while pulling out the box with his other hand.

While Aiden was turned out, he pulled his own box from his pocket very stealthily. Both of their hearts were beating out of their chests, with excitement and worry. "You can turn around now." James informed, once he fully got the courage to do it. Aiden nodded as he turned around, during him doing so, he opened the box, James doing so as well.

Once their eyes met and seen the boxes, there was a moment of silence. Aiden and James being able to stop themselves from being overcome by emotion and even tearing up. With all they have been through and how they stuck together was hitting them at once. "What is this?! There is no way we had the same idea as each other!" Aiden spoke, all choked up as he brought a hand to his mouth as he let out a laugh. James shook his head as he laughed out as well. "It seems we have. I'll do the honors then. Aiden, will you marry me?" He asked.

"Of course I will! Only if you, James, do the honors of marrying me as well!" He exclaimed as his smile was all derpy looking from the overwhelmed feelings. "I would love to marry you, Aiden." The other spoke. James stood up as he and Aiden met half way to their hug. Their hug turned into a soft and sweet kiss. They stood there, holding each other before pulling from each other's embrace to look into their eyes. "When should we tell the others?" Aiden asked, James shrugged. "I don't care when we do, just not today. I want to spend this day with you and only you." He spoke as that gained a soft laugh from Aiden.

They then exchanged rings, and agreed to take that Sunday to stay in the embrace of each other as they watched movies and shared kisses every once in a while.