Jealous Jealous Jealous Boy..

This was stupid. Why was Ethan even wasting his time here? Chad. That's why. Chad had insisted Ethan came to the small friend gathering of their little group. The shorter male tried to decline, knowing Tara was going to be there. Not that she was bad or a horrible person. Really the opposite of that.
She was a strong willed girl who knew who she was. She spoke her mind and wasn't afraid of anyone. She was nice and caring too to add on top of that. Ethan even had a small crush on her. But that's what was wrong. She was perfect. And who else is perfect? Chad.
Chad, Ethan's roommate. Chad, the friend Ethan could count on. Chad, Ethan's best friend. Chad, Ethan's crush. Real crush.

Ethan would do anything for that man if it only meant that he could get near him. To breath in Chad's scent and savor it for as long as Ethan's brain could remember what he smelled like. So close that Ethan could see every scar that resided on Chad's gorgeous, sculpted-by-the-gods-above face.
But Ethan knew having someone that close to him was too good to be true. He knew Chad's longing stares at Tara because Ethan stares at Chad that way. He knew by the way Chad talked about Tara that he liked her because Ethan has the exact same tone in his voice when talking about Chad to anyone. He knew and yet... it still pained his heart to see the boy who's been the only one to have his heart in a clutch as strong as his, long for another. Long for someone better than Ethan.
Maybe it was Ethan's imagination, maybe he was so hard on himself that he believed that Chad would never like someone like him even though he might like him like that. But Ethan knew that was nothing but a lie to make himself feel better.

Anyways... the gathering. Chad had convinced Ethan to go. Of course, who would've guessed? And who would've guessed that the exact same reason Ethan didn't want to go is happening right now in front of his face.

It was disgusting how happy they looked together. Ethan had only known Chad since 7 months ago and knew that before really, Tara and him didn't even hold conversation till college he presumed. That's what Sam, Mindy, and even Tara stated before. Ethan found it sort of funny that him and Chad were probably closer and knew almost everything about each other compared to Chad and Tara. Tara probably couldn't list off every little details Ethan's noticed. Maybe not even something as simple as his favorite color. Answer: powder blue.

Tara knew shit. And that just made Ethan more mad and envious of how little she knew but that didn't matter because she was pretty. She was the perfect fit for Chad. 

Ethan's eyes narrowed as he continued watching the two who were laughing and play hitting each other. Why did he do this to himself? He could've said no so easily. He could've said he had some homework, or that he was too tired. But no, he had to do it for Chad. Chad, his friend who seemed so distant whenever Tara shows up.

The boy in blue took a deep breath and got up, heading off towards the kitchen to pour himself some water, eyes half lidded and barely paying attention to any of his surroundings. The affection the perfect duo shared drained Ethan. He felt actually tired now. So tired he didn't even notice Mindy in the kitchen until he bumped into her. He stumbled over his words to try and get an apology out quickly, not wanting to cause any trouble. He and Mindy weren't that great of friends. Sure they talked once or twice, and agreed like once with each other, but Ethan wouldn't even go as far to think of themselves acquaintance. More like enemies that have moral respect for one another.

"What the hell dude?"

"Oh fuck- I-im sorry Mindy, didn't see you there im sorry— I just- I dont know, I wasn't even in my brain and I-"

Mindy squinted her eyes at Ethan before pulling her face back in slight confusion and concern, "oh- uhm, its alright dude. No need to get worker up over it- woah, are you crying!?-"

"Shh!!" Ethan shushed Mindy, looking behind him in a panic to see if Chad or anyone else had heard them. To his luck, Tara was asking Chad a question that obviously amused him. Thank god for straight people.