𝑇𝑊𝐸𝐿𝑉𝐸

"Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep..."

I roll over, letting out a soft grunt while turning my alarm off. I sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes. I get out of bed, stumbling, trying to find my balance.
I open the door to the bathroom, slowly sitting down on the toilet seat. "So, history and math today, that should be all right." I mumble.

I continue getting ready, slowly waking up in the progress. While softly humming a song, I put on some black pants, a comfortable shirt, and a blue sweater on top. I apply some mascara and put my hair into a ponytail.

After I'm done getting ready, I walk into the living room to make myself some breakfast. I sit down at the table, slowly eating, still waking up. I see Storm walking out of her bedroom, rubbing her eyes. "Morning." She grumbles a greeting back before she disappears into the kitchen, joining me at the table soonly after.

After I'm done eating my breakfast, I retreat back into my room. "Alright, I have history together with Storm, which starts at," I mumble to myself, taking a quick glance at my online agenda, "Ten. That means I have about 1 hour left."
I flop onto my bed, deciding to play a game on my phone to kill the time.

When it's time to go, I pick up my bag, that I filled in my spare time, and walk out of the bedroom. Storm is sitting at the table, she stands up as soon as she sees me. We both swing our backpacks onto our backs, before walking out of dorm. We silently make our way to our history class, but I can see Storm getting more and more nervous with every step we take.

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask, a caring tone in my voice. She lets out a heavy sigh. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it." I add, scared that I made her feel uncomfortable.
"No, no, it's fine. It's just," she hesitates, "It's stupid." She says, turning her head away from me, but not before I see her cheeks turn the slightest bit red.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, I'm certain it's not stupid, and even if it is, I couldn't care less." I say, while sending a smile her way. She turns her head back in my direction, a thankful smile laying on her lips.
"Thank you. I'm just nervous." She hesitates. I continue looking at her, my eyebrows slightly raised, waiting for her to continue.
"I'm nervous about seeing Mr. Evans again." She blurts out. I see a red tint slowly covering her cheeks and she moves her head away.

I slowly start laughing. "What? What's so funny?" She asks, her eyebrows knitted together in a look of confusion.
"That's what you were worrying about? You'll be fine! Just relax. He isn't going to bite you, well unless it you want him to." I wink at her.
"No but seriously, you're going to be fine." I say with a reassuring smile.

When we reach the classroom, we see our professor standing by the door. His back is turned towards the opening and we hear him letting out a low chuckle.
When we get closer, we see Mr. Evans leaning against the doorframe, facing Mr. Stan, who's leaning on his desk.
The moment Mr. Stan lays his eyes on us, we hear him speak. "Chris, you have company." Mr. Evans turns around, spotting us as well, his lips are formed into a dazzling smile, obviously from laughing earlier. I hear Storm let out a small gasp and I have to try hard not to chuckle.

"Hello girls, you two are early." He says, while glancing at his watch. I do the same, realizing that we're 10 minutes early. "Oh, we can come back later if you want, we didn't know you had company." Storm says, sending a smile their way. "Oh no it's fine, come in, I was just finished talking with Seb."
I giggle very softly. I think it's funny that they still use each other's first names, even when we're here.

Mr. Stan pushes himself up from the desk, and walks over to us. "Good morning, I wish you luck with this goofball, try not to fall asleep." He teases his friend, while sending a wink our way. Mr. Evans huffs in protest. "My lessons are not boring." He pouts in a child like manner. Storm and I can't help but let out a little chuckle.
I love their friendship.

Mr. Stan brushes past us and leaves the room. "Please, ladies, come in," he gestures towards the door, "and please ignore Mr. Stan, he has no idea what he's talking about." He says while softly chuckling. "Don't worry professor, your lessons aren't boring" Storm says, sending a small, insecure smile his way.
I see his lips immediately breaking into a big smile. "Thank you, that's really kind."

We notice that more students are arriving, so Storm and I walk into the classroom, sitting down at our usual spot.
When everyone has taken their seats, Mr. Evans starts his lesson. And just like Storm complimented him, it wasn't boring at all.
I slightly lean towards Storm, whispering softly so no one can hear us. "Was that worth worrying about?" I ask with comforting tone. "No it wasn't." she answers, before making eye contact with Mr. Evans. I see him sending her a small smile, letting his eyes lay on her for a few more seconds, before moving his eyes towards another student. But not before his eyes flicker back to hers once more.

"No, it really wasn't." She says relieved, her lips forming a big, genuine smile.