Chapter 4

The leaves replied to the soft breeze by swaying slightly, the pack of three padded with Birch ahead. His muscles rippling under his pelt.

"Are you sure we can trust him?" Sapphire asked.

Eclipse looked at Birch. He flicked his ear but otherwise seemed not to notice.

She looked back to Sapphire, "We have to. He said there is others that might want to join."

"Or kill us," Sapphire retorted but kept fallowing.

That morning, after Birch introduced himself, he explained that he wanted to join and that he new two more that might want to.

As the sun reached its peak, they neared a clearing with a tunnel near the far end. Birch ducked his head in without hesitation.

Eclipse glanced at Sapphire seeing worry in her gaze. She stepped up and fallowed Birch, hoping Sapphire would fallow.

The smell of damp soil hit her nose. Fear made her stop walking, realizing that if the roof fell, they would be smothered.

Sapphire ran into her, making her stumble ahead into a dark cave. All around tunnels left the main part.

the only light was glowing mushrooms scattered throughout the whole opening. To her left, Birch was confronting two wolves. One a smokey grey and the other a light grey.

Eclipse made her way to the tree, Sapphire fallowing behind.

"Hello," Eclipse dipped her head respectfully, "I'm Eclipse, this is Sapphire," In turn, Sapphire dipped hear head.

The light grey wolf stepped up, "I'm Willow. And this," she flicked her ears toward the smokey grey wolf, "is Smoke."

Birch said to Eclipse, "They said they would be willing to help you."

The one names Smoke said, "Yes. We would like to join your group."

Instantly suspicious, Sapphire asked, "Why do you want to join us so quickly?"

Nothing stirred for a moment until Birch stepped up, "Because we all have had experiences with Night Pack. None of them good."

__________________________________________________________________

Hi again!! animal_maniac here! sorry it was short i had writer's block and didn't know what else to write so i thought what the heck! why not just make chapter 4 a short chapter! and that's what happened.

Also, (i'm saying this ahead of time so i don't get rude comments) glowing mushrooms are real so don't be rude and try to rat me out 'cause they're real!

Hope you enjoy!!!