Chapter One

"Her name isn't Gretchen. She just likes to be called that!" Emily spat. "She doesn't know her name!"
_________________________________

Tornadoes. Hurricanes. Tropical storms. The deaths of millions. These things are all my fault, but they needed to happen. For the world we live in today and the world we will live in tomorrow. Death is the only way that humans know how to learn. Whether be their fault or mine. I am wind. I am every where and one place at once. I have no form or shape. I howl and screech and destroy, like you.

I've lived since the beginning of time collecting memories. From animals and humans alike. And only in memories you can see me in my true form. But you can only hear me outside of memories if you truly believe in me as an alive creature. Not an element of nature.
That is how I live. Watching the world through a sheet of glass, hoping that one day some body may shatter it. Younger kids are more prone to believing, so I will be forever known as an imaginary friend.
That is mine and Emily's relationship. She is four and still has her vivid imagination and pockets full of hope. While I am her playful imaginary friend. Which is a role I am great at playing.