8

💬38             ❤426

thefoolabovethegreyfog
the tarot club has become a great organization, on the level of the seven orthodox churches. and yet, they began from such humble beginnings...rather amusing, no?

you found a book in an old, old library. it was the oldest library in the city infact, famed for its massive collection of books. you visited this library, searching for a while for a book that interested you at all, until something caught your eye. in the corner, a book laid with an interesting cover. it was a old fashioned book, with a black, almost leather like cover. on it were golden words, with no author below the name: "the king of yellow and black". interested, you brought it to check it our, only to find that apparently the library had no records of such a book. since you found it, they let you take it home with you.

once you were home, you opened the book up, curious to see what exactly this book held. it seemed to be some kind of book that told of a grand tale, or story based off the impressions of the title and cover, but, it seemed like nothing of the sort. instead, it spoke of a deity: it seemed like some sort of non fiction work of an ancient religion perhaps, but the words used were rather modern. there was a name, or title, or something of the sort that was supposedly an honorific name, though you weren't sure what that meant. you murmured it under your breath, reading it out loud; "the fool who doesnt belong to this era, the mysterious ruler above the grey fog, the king of yellow and black who wields good luck."

a crimson light washed over you, and the next moment, you were in a chair. looking around you noticed several things: you were at some kind of long table with 22 seats. the place looked like the interior of an ancient palace, and most concerningly: there was a man who was smiling at you in an amused manner at the front of the table. he wore a black cloak, and tentacles swarmed around him, seemingly coming from under the cloak where you could not see.

"greetings. i am the fool, you would be...?"

you...?