Legend of the WolfWalkers

(Kilkenny, Ireland, 1650)

A long time ago, during the Baroque era, there was a famous story in Ireland about a special kind of creature that kids often heard about in fairy tales. These creatures were called Wolfwalkers.

They were people who could transform into wolves while they slept. When they dozed off, their souls would leave their human bodies and they would become wolves.

Still, it was just a local legend. Most folks never really bought into those kinds of stories. They were more focused on the happenings in their little town of Kilkenny, Ireland. Wolves had been a threat to the people for ages since they settled in the area.

Three guys caught a glimpse of the only Wolfwalkers around, but they were keeping their identities under wraps. They were busy chopping down trees when one plump, bearded dude wiped the sweat off his brow, eyes shut tight.

Suddenly, a growl from the bushes snapped him out of his daze. He quickly grabbed his big axe, ready to use it as a weapon. Two other guys approached him from behind.

Suddenly, they all jumped when a bunch of yellow eyes lit up in the woods. It was five wolves, growling as they slowly approached the men. "Wolf!" yelled the chubby guy, noticing that the other two had already bolted. A pack of wolves began to close in on him, and he was doing his best to fend them off.

"Back off!" the guy yelled, swinging his axe at the approaching wolves. It was his only way to fend off the massive pack. But then, one of the wolves lunged and snapped the axe in two with its powerful jaws. It felt like these wolves were guarding the forest from intruders like him.

The wolves dug their claws into the man's chest, ripping his shirt apart. He had fallen onto his back, and the wolves were creeping closer, their mouths wide open, preparing to take a bite.

But just then, a distant howl echoed from the forest, calling the pack back. Suddenly, the wolves' eyes lit up with a bright yellow glow, and they turned their gaze to the left, as if caught in a trance.

The man laid on the ground, heart racing, as the wolves lost interest in him and darted back into the trees. Then, he noticed three figures approaching, their eyes shining in the dim light of the forest. It was a woman accompanied by two little girls.

The woman sported a mane of thick red hair and striking green eyes, complete with a line of brown freckles beneath them. The younger girl mirrored her features perfectly. The older sister, on the other hand, had messy light blonde hair with a bold black streak on the left. She had fair skin dotted with freckles and a dark golden feather dangling from her left ear. Her left eye was blue, while the other shone bright yellow.

The man started to freak out, pleading for his life as they got closer. He noticed a pack of wolves trailing behind them and quickly shut his eyes, but the howling of the two girls mixed with the wolves pierced through. When he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see them healing his wound, their hands glowing with yellow wolf paw prints.

As the elder girl's feather and yellow eye lit up during the healing, the red-haired woman scooped up her daughters and they all looked down at him. The oldest girl clutched her adoptive mother tightly, her little fist gripping the maroon robe.

"You three... You're wolfwalkers... aren't you?" he stammered, pointing a shaky finger at them. Moll, the mother, silently gestured toward the town, knowing it was too dangerous for them to be near humans. She had to keep her children and the wolf pack safe.

The man quickly jumped to his feet and bolted toward the town, where soldiers were approaching. Moll, seeing the danger, dashed back into the forest with her daughters and the wolves, glancing back at the soldiers as they ran. They felt like strangers in their own land.

                                                                                     *X*

This is a rewrite of this story. I wanted to give it an update. Feza is in a couple of other stories of mine. I couldn't figure out what wolf oc I wanted to use for this but I figured that Feza was the perfect option. Hope you enjoyed.