Chapter 2: Vegas Begs Us

Faye looks at herself in the mirror wearing not an elaborate bridal gown but a beautiful white dress. It's her wedding day in a place and country where her family is nowhere to be found.

A phone call came in.

"My dear, are you all set?" Grandpa Pancho asked her on the other line. He's calling from Manila.

"Grandpa Pancho, thank you for checking on me. I'm nervous but I'm ready to do it," Faye said.

She could hear Grandpa Pancho's sigh.

"Is there anything wrong out there, Pops?" she asked.

"There's still time to stop the wedding discreetly," he said.

"Pops, what are you saying? It's your grandson I'm marrying. I thought you agreed to this wedding?" she asked.

"If it's getting your dream business or anything that you want to achieve, I could help you without you having to go through this," he said.

"I think you're the one who's having cold feet, Pops. Phil is a good man. He's your blood. I will marry him today," she said.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Besides, my dad is already hurt. I would hurt him more if I accepted your money to do the things I wanted to do," she said.

Grandpa Pancho knows he can't do anything more to stop the wedding.

"If that's where your heart is telling you to go, who am I to stop you," he said.

Faye almost breaks down after the call. The amount of lies she said was overwhelming enough. She unzipped the back of her dress to be able to breathe.

She got her phone and looks at their family picture. 

"I'm sorry, Mom and Dad. I never intended to disobey you but I have dreams too and they couldn't wait to start. This decision was not easy but it would be for the better not just for me," she said as if she was talking to them while looking at their picture.

"Don't cry. You're so pretty to be sad on your special day," Macy said. She showed up from out of the blue.

"What are you doing here?" Faye asked. She's definitely surprised.

"I'm your sister and you're getting married today. What else would bring me here?" Macy said.

"How did you get in to my room?" Faye asked.

"Pops arranged things for me. He's worried you're missing Mom and Dad," Macy said.

Faye shows an unconvinced face to her sister. "It's my wedding. For once, please stop making it about you," she said.

"Faye, what are you talking about. You're the star here, the only star. I'm only here to support you and be the representative of our parents," Macy said.

Faye is still not convinced.

"Alright. Once the ceremony is over, I'll leave," Macy said.

The wedding ceremony finished quickly. Macy prepares to leave like what she promised her sister she would do.

"You're leaving now? We can eat first," Phil asked Macy awkwardly while Faye is inside the ladies' room.

Macy looks around. "I have to. Anyway, congratulations and please take care of my sister," she said then walks fast away from him.

Phil watches her leave. There's still confusion on his part but there are other things far more important than what he feels.

"Where is she? Did she leave already?" Faye asked.