Awaken.

The last thing I remembered was Frank standing over me with a pistol in his hand. Screaming at me telling me I was nothing but trash and deserved to die. He had been drinking that night and we got into an altercation. I remember me screaming for help. Pleading for him to let me go, and not to kill me. He laughed at me, and put the barrel of the gun to me head and I closed my eyes. Then he pulled the trigger and I could feel the heat of the gun against my forehead and the hard bullet piercing my skin and passing through every fiber of my head. Then the pain faded and the world around me began to fade. Then as quickly as the darkness crept in, it began to part like curtains. I was in a jail like cell with a torch glowing slowly on the far end of the room. I was sitting on the floor weak. I couldn't move, I was tired so I curled up in a ball and fell asleep on the floor. I dreamt of my mother crying as she cried for me to wake up. She was kneeling on the floor by my lifeless body asking the Lord why. Frank was in the kitchen talking to the officer telling him, I grabbed the gun from under their bed and committed suicide. That he tried to convince me not to do it but, I pulled the trigger before he could get to me. The officer was jotting every word he said down on his notepad. Then I awoke back in the cell, I was furious. How could that prick lie like that. I began to cry, and scream until I was tired again. I laid on the floor looking at the ceiling, tears streaming down my face. I finally sat up and noticed a red door suspended in the air. I stood up slowly and made my way towards it. As I got closer I realized that the door handle was glowing faintly. I grabbed it, it was warm to the touch. I opened the door and beyond it was a dark red sky without a hint. The sky didn't have any sun or moon but was able to radiate light. Crows were flying above me, calling for one another. As I looked down there was a long dark road stretching as far as the eye could see. on each side of the road was trees that were bigger then redwoods and lifeless as Death. A cold breeze touched my face as I stepped through the door. When I was through the red door it slammed shut behind me and sank through the ground. I turned around and saw the same scenery that was before me. I began to walk and as I was walking I was aware that my heart was racing. I soon realized I was nervous and scared, because I didn't know where I was. As I was walking I began to see a sign, as I got closer I was able to make out what it said.

WELCOME TO PURGATORY!!!