The Big Bran Hypothesis | Seas. 1 Ep. 2

—🌿—

The Big Bran Hypothesis
"There you go, Pad Thai, no peanuts." Leonard says handing a small Thai food box to Howard.

Howard takes the box, face twisting. "But does it have peanut oil?"

"Uh, I'm not sure, everyone keep an eye on Howard in case he starts to swell up." Leonard replies, shooting a thumbs up at Howard.

"Since it's not bee season, you can have my epinephrine." Sheldon adds digging his fork into his food.

"Are there any chopsticks?" Raj starts, looking up at Leonard.

Sheldon pauses, face twisting into a frown. "You don't need chopsticks, this is Thai food.

"Here we go."

Hours later, Alora lay curled up in the front seat of Ryan Swanson's truck, as he drives her down to Pasadena.

"Aye, sleepyhead wake up," Ryan begins, reaching over to shake her shoulders. "If I can't sleep you can't either."

"That's unfair," Alora whines, swatting at his hand, "you've had more practice staying up for this long old man."

"Hey! I'm 26 rudeass." Ryan exclaimes, "I'm not some old man."

"You act like one, all grumpy and yelling at teenagers."

"I can't believe I'm related to you brat." He grumbles.

"You're my cousin, we're not that closely related, we only share 7.31% to 13.8% of DNA," Alora starts, closing her eyes. "And obviously we're not sharing the smart genes."

"Rudeass." Ryan grumbles, "And I said no sleepin', read a book or somethin'."

"Okay, her apartment's on the fourth floor but the elevator's broken so you're going to have to-" Leonard begins, cutting himself off as the delivery man walks away. "Oh, you're just going to be done, okay, cool, thanks. I guess we'll just bring it up ourselves.

"I hardly think so." Sheldon exasperates.

Leonard's brows furrow. "Why not?"

"Well, we don't have a dolly, or lifting belts, or any measurable upper body strength." Sheldon cries, gripping his messenger bag.

"We don't need strength, we're physicists. We are the intellectual descendents of Archimedes. Give me a fulcrum and a lever and I can move the Earth, it's just a matter..." Leonard says, fiddling with the package. "I don't have this... I don't have this, I don't have this."

"Archimedes would be so proud." Sheldon says smugly.

Leonards brow furrows before he starts, "Do you have any ideas?"

"Yes, but they all involve a green lantern and a power ring."

"This is horrible," Alora whines, "The U.S. traffic fatality rate is 12.4 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants, meaning over 46,000 people die in car related deaths each year."