Chapter 12: Slow bloom

The band and Zac were out in the backyard, playing inside the pool. Zac and Lips were talking by the pool edge when Animal and Floyd splash them with the cold water. Janice was on one of the lawn chairs, getting a sun tan. Teeth were in one of the hammocks. Zoot was just standing by the tree that the hammock was. “Hey doc” said the blue male. “What?” replied the doc as he looked up from the hammock. “At lunch, You didn’t eat much. What's wrong?” replied Zoot with a worried tone in his voice. “Oh! Uh…I’m just tired from the events that we've been through lately” replied the large male with a tired smile. The small male looked at the large male for a bit. To test if the band leader was telling the truth. “Okay” replied Zoot. The small male felt like the doc wasn’t telling the truth but he didn't want to push it onto the large male. The blue male had a memory pop into his mind. In the memory, Zoot was carrying a box down to the basement when the box broke open from the bottom. The weight of the things that were in the box was too much for it. The blue male quickly grabbed the books and pictures that had fallen out but a book with a picture inside shocked the small male. The book was titled “Leon’s book, don’t open!” which was odd since No one was named Leon in the band. He looked at the picture that was hanging out of the book. It was a picture of a guy who looked like a young version of Teeth. He was standing next to a taller male who had yellow skin with brown hair that was darker than the soil of the earth. The young Leon looked scared and sad in the photo. Who was the guy next to him and what did he do to the young doc? That memory will always haunt Zoot for the idea of what Teeth was going through in that relationship. The band leader only told the band about an ex-girlfriend who was a gold digger but never about anyone else. Was the relationship so bad that the doc didn't want to talk about it because of what happened? The blue male will never know the answer. Out of nowhere, Zoot was hit with a water balloon by Zac. “Hey! What was that for?” yelled the small male as he took his hat off and got the water out of the old hat. “Come on! You and Teeth are just staying in the shade of the trees. You two need to get in the pool and have some fun” replied the dark haired male. Teeth got up from the hammock and tossed his hat and shirt to the side of the hammock. The band leader then picked up the small male and carried him to the pool. Zoot’s face turned red as a strawberry as he was being carried by the large male. “Get ready for a cannon ball!” yelled the doc with a smile on his face as he got to the pool’s edge. The blue male got ready to be under water with Teeth. The two males jumped into the pool with a large splash of cold water hitting on Floyd and Animal who was already in the pool. The doc and Zoot both surface the water and let out some coughing. The blue male quickly holds onto Teeth’s arm to help him to stay up from going under water. The large male looked over at the blue male and gave him a smile as he took the small male’s hand into his. “You’re okay, I got you” Teeth said as he looked over at the blue male. Then the two were hit with a splash of cold water by Zac. The dark haired male swam over to the two and had a smirk on his face. He gives a smug look to Zoot which the small male lets out a hiss. “This was his idea, wasn’t it!” thought the blue male. The rest of the time, Zoot and Teeth mostly just sit in the area of the pool where it wasn’t deep. The blue male didn’t stop holding the doc’s hand which the large male didn’t mind. It was comfortable between the two. Well, when Animal, Floyd, and Zac ain’t splashing them with cold water. Zoot could feel himself growing more in feeling with his fellow band leader. The rest of the day, everything went normal. Zac noticed something when he was walking to the guest bedroom. He noticed that his brother was going into Teeth’s room. The dark haired male slowly walked up to the room and peaked in. He saw Zoot cuddling the large male who was hugging a pillow with some tears in his eyes. “Maybe he had a nightmare? At least my brother is there for him” thought Zac before he headed back to the guest room.