𝟭/𝟯.

𝟮𝟭:𝟭𝟱 𝗣𝗠.

𝗦𝗲𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗠𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗟𝗶𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗿𝘆.

I looked at the small watch that adorned my left wrist while letting out a shaky breath.

I had just finished the opening hours of the library that today I was taking care of, the library was run by my roommate's mother, Young-seo, but she had excused herself due to mere matters of her health and her advanced age.

After making sure the library was 100% secure, I briskly walked towards the highway, more specifically to the taxi rank and buses. My boyfriend is a taxi driver, but he is a somewhat special taxi driver, so he couldn't call anyone at any time.

I sighed trembling again, feeling how my bare legs began to go numb due to the cold that lately dominated the streets of the city and from which I, wearing only a purple skirt of thin fabric along with a white long-sleeved blouse and a beige cardigan, probably more at risk of catching a cold, since it was colder at this time than it was normally in the mornings and evenings.

And it is that, although I had noticed the cold wave emergency that had reached my phone last night, i hadn't thought to choose a suitable outfit for it, since i had no way to prevent that it was going to reach the point of almost snowing.

Holding tightly the backpack that I was carrying on my right arm, I sat down in one of the chairs at the bus stop and took out my phone, Although I had been living in South Korea for more than six months, my latin american alarm kept going off every time i took out my phone in the street, even knowing that I was in one of the safest countries in the world, I felt that at any moment they were going to take the phone from my hands in one fell swoop.

I opened the taxi service application, worth the redundancy, it was in service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and after giving the indications of both my waiting place and my place of residence, I waited for my application to be accepted.

Seconds later, the screen of my phone lit up, revealing what had been accepted by two people. Showing how far each one was and their price.

I decided to choose the first option, since when reading the indications it was much closer to the place where I was and therefore, I would get home faster. And besides, it was a perfect fit for my indicated price. And it is that I could not afford to spend more, since my savings were running out and I had to pay my tickets, lunch at the university and rent by myself.

There was also an application to request luxury cars, but that was for people who had much more money, enough to buy the library where I was working today and that was exactly what I didn't have, money and even less in excess.

Seconds later I saw a car arrive and when I read the plates and the color of it, It matches exactly the license plates that were in the reference photo in the app, and after opening the door I delicately climbed into the back of the car, where as soon as I entered, my heart began to beat unbridled and a sensation of acidity took over the pit of my stomach, preventing me from releasing the greeting that out of politeness, I always said before getting into a car.

My body reacts on its own when the driver of the car, without bothering to say hello as he normally would, he locked the car and started on his way. That's when I realized that I should have followed my instincts. I grabbed my backpack and clutched it to my chest, as I went back to pick up my phone and place it to my right, out of sight of the driver. With nerves on the surface, I opened my boyfriend's kakao profile and tried to ask him to please help me.

b-babes.
9:28 p.m.
Sent.

When I noticed how my hands were shaking so much to the point of not being able to write a single word correctly, my breathing began to choke, although absolutely nothing had happened, my most paranoid side had begun to remember all the cases that in my country and in neighboring countries had happened when they took a taxi, Uber or InDriver through social networks. Most of the girls were injured or simply couldn't live to tell what had happened to them.

I was divided.

One side told me: "Trust! You are in one of the safest countries in the world, there is a 0.1% chance that you are so unlucky that something happens to you in a country called that way"

And the other told me: "Get to think, here they are very polite, you half open the car door and I had to say hello to you, can't you see that you didn't even have time to get comfortable when you got in? That's a red flag! React! Your sense of danger never betrays you. Why do you think you're so nervous? React idiot! And yes, you definitely have such bad luck because look at the look of this gentleman"

My heart seemed to lighten a bit when I managed to find that button with which I could send my location in real time to my boyfriend,
I hoped the internet wouldn't let me down right now.

You are sharing your location in real time with "Do-ki 💜" for one hour, tap to cancel.
9:30 p.m.
Sent.

I wouldn't even cancel it, I sent it to him for a reason.

Ok, don't let yourself be dominated by your strange way of dealing with nerves.

At times, being nervous, I used to respond sarcastically to most of what is being said to me at the time, I didn't know where my mind got a sarcastic response for every word they said to me, but that's how it worked.

"Excuse me miss, you're not Korean, are you?" I almost let go of my phone before the shock that ran through my body when I heard the voice of that man, who looked at me with wide eyes in an exaggerated way and smiled from ear to ear, while glancing at me from time to time in the rearview mirror in front of him.

And this is when they tell you "Get out of there"

"Yes, I'm not Korean" I affirmed in his direction trying to keep my voice from betraying me, pressing my backpack tighter against my chest. I could see how that man's gaze lowered undisguisedly to my bare thighs, and with feigned concern he spoke after stopping at the traffic light.

"Are you cold? Let me lower the air, that's it!" With lightning speed and overconfidence he removed my backpack from my thighs and placed it next to me. Out of inertia, my hands covered my thighs and I moved my cardigan looking to cover them. Fortunately I was able to cover a bit with it.

I knew I was right about everything when the man said something that made my hair stand on end.

"I have to say that I have always had the thought that Western women have very beautiful thighs and not to mention their skin color, but today, at last, I confirmed it with you" And he smiled, while he took the opportunity to see my thighs every so often.

I smiled nervously as I checked my phone out of the corner of my eye and was relieved when I saw that the message had arrived and had been seen by Do-ki.

I knew he had understood the moment he responded to my message with a quick "I'm on my way", while in turn the man kept saying things that made my hair stand on end.

God, what did I get myself into?