Chapter .3

When Jake opened the door, he was surprised by who it was: Daisy. He thought she'd never try to talk to him ever again after what happened, but he was wrong. He should've expected it from Daisy. She was never one to give up quickly, afterall. That's one reason why he'd had a crush on her. He stood there still. She stared into his eyes with a determinated look. He had to admit, her eyes were gorgerous, like the bright sky upon a meadow. "Jake. I think we need to talk.." she said, her voice serious. He didn't want to ignore her again, so he shaked off his surprise and let her in.

She made her way in the living room: Daisy had been to his house a couple times for projects and things like that. She sat down on the comfortable milky white couch, patting the spot next to her, indicating he was to sit there. He walked up to her and sat next to her. He was kind of nervous, he didn't know what could happen. He fidgeted with his hands and waited for Daisy to say something.

Finally, she spoke. "Jake.. I can't have you avoiding and ignoring everyone.. As I said in the Music room, are you really gonna leave things like this? Jake, I know they don't wanna hear you out, but, you could always try! Don't give up so fast! They're your friends." Daisy kept her determined expression, and grabbed his hands into hers. "Please. I'm willing to help you. I just.. can't see you like this, Jake." she said in a whisper.

Jake's heart clenched. Knowing that someone cared for him made him feel.. less worthless. He felt his eyes tearing up, but he didn't want to cry in front of her. He forced the tears away and smiled slightly at her. "Daisy.. thanks, really, but they really don't wanna even glance at me." He replied after a short period of silence. "I've just messed up so bad... I don't think that, even with your help, I'll be able to fix this mess." Because he was useless. Completely useless. He would probably make things worse.

Daisy only tightened her grip on his hands. "Jake! Don't think like that. Everything is gonna be okay. You, WE can fix this! I promise you. We'll make things right." She gave him a warm smile, it was brilliant. She was brilliant. She made his hopes go up slightly, but he still didn't fully believe her... However, it wouldn't hurt to try to redeem himself, wouldn't it? To prove himself, to make things right.