Part 3: Hearts in Conflict

As she boarded the plane, Armina felt a mix of emotions. The flight was long and uneventful, but Armina was grateful for the time to think. She reflected on her relationship with Ethan and realized that she still loved him, but she was getting tired og being a used doormat.

After the long flight, Armina finally arrived. She quickly grabbed her bags, got themselves an Uber, and made her way to her parent's house. As she approached the door, she could feel her heart pounding in her chest. She took a deep breath and knocked.

As her mother opened the door, Armina's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Surprise," she exclaimed, throwing her arms around her mother and hugging her tightly.

Her parents were stunned but thrilled to see her. "Armina, what are you doing here?" her mother asked, taking Reyna from her arms and holding her close.

"I needed to come home," Armina explained, her voice filled with emotion. "I had to get away and clear my head."

Her father took her bags and led her to her room, while her mother settled Reyna into the living room. "Make yourself at home," her father said jokingly, giving her a warm smile.

Armina unpacked her bags and made herself comfortable. She could hear her parents chatting in the living room and decided to join them.

"How have you guys been?" she asked, trying to make small talk.

"Good, good," her mother replied, still trying to process Armina's sudden arrival. "But, Armina, are you okay?" she asked, looking at her with concern.

Armina hesitated for a moment before finally speaking her mind. "I needed to leave Reyna with you guys for a while," she said, her voice shaking slightly.

Her parents exchanged a worried look. "Is everything okay?" her father asked, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

Armina hesitated for a moment before deciding to confide in them. "Ethan and I haven't been together for a year now. I discovered he had been cheating on me for a whole year, and he's engaged to someone else. Plus, none of his family knows about our relationship or that we have a child."

Her parents' faces contorted from concern to anger. "What? That son of a...how could he do that to you?" her father fumed, his fists clenching in rage.

Armina fought back tears as she shared the story of Ethan's manipulation, lies, and betrayal. She recounted the pain she had endured since discovering his engagement.

Her mother enveloped her in a comforting embrace. "Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. I never imagined he was capable of such cruelty," she said, her voice filled with sympathy.

Her father paced back and forth, muttering under his breath. "He's going to pay for this. I won't let him get away with it," he growled, his anger simmering.

Armina sensed the tension in the room but knew that her parents' reaction was justifiable. After all, they had always been protective of her and had cautioned her about the dangers of rushing into a relationship. "I don't know what to do," she admitted, feeling overwhelmed and powerless.

"We'll figure it out together, Armina. You're not alone in this," her mother reassured her.

"Thank you, Dad. Thank you, Mom," Armina said, appreciating their unwavering support.

As she departed from her parents' house, Armina took in the crisp, fresh air and reflected on her situation. Suddenly, her phone rang, and she realized she had forgotten about Cathlin's upcoming birthday dinner.

"Armina!" Delilah's voice burst through the phone, "Please tell me you're coming to Cathlin's birthday dinner tomorrow night." Armina's heart sank as she recalled the event she had nearly overlooked.