Watching

Me and Luna didn't arrive in Qatar until the Thursday morning, I told Max it was because I still hadn't packed everything we needed but the truth was I had been feeling horrendously sick the last couple of days and couldn't bare to go on a plane whilst I was feeling so rough. Part of me knew deep down what it could be but I didn't want to take a test quite yet. Especially with how things had been recently. I wouldn't have been particularly surprised if I was pregnant because we hadn't exactly been the most careful recently.
As soon as me and Luna got to the hotel my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take a test just to be sure, at least if it was negative my mind would be at rest and if it was positive then I could figure out how exactly I was going to tell Max. Luckily Max was busy with media and social media duties so I knew there was no chance of him coming back anytime soon. Luna was peacefully sleeping whilst I waited for the tested to show the results which gave me some time to really think about it, like last time it's seemed like the longest wait of my life. Eventually the result was showing on the test. I already had a feeling that it would be positive but when I saw it in black and white in front of me it really made it real to me.
Unlike with Luna I didn't feel the instant feeling of dread, this time it was different. I wasn't panicking thinking it was the worst thing that could possibly happen, part of me was actually happy about it.

When me and Luna got to the track with Chris we headed towards the RedBull garage. Max kissed me on the head as soon as he came over to us outside of the garage, i felt really anxious wondering if he would notice that something was off with me, what didn't help was I was exceptionally hot and sweaty and as always he seemed to notice it straight away. "You feeling okay?" He asked looking at me concerned. I nodded and smiled i just knew I wasn't going to get away with not telling him for long that was for sure, I just didn't know how he would react about it just yet. It wasn't like we'd planned to have anymore or even discussed it, but we weren't exactly trying to avoid it either that was for sure. I just didn't know if he would be happy about it or be annoyed.
As always Luna reached for Max straight away practically trying to jump out of my arms to him. As Max took her I unconsciously glanced to my side just generally looking around but the first thing spotted was Charles standing there by the Ferrari hospitality watching Luna and Max, his eyes solely focused on them. He didn't even see that I was watching him watch them. I couldn't help but wonder why was he staring at them so intensely, I didn't like it and it made me feel so unbelievably uncomfortable.
Whilst I stood there looking Max seemed to notice that my attention was elsewhere straight away "What are you looking at" he asked as his eyes followed mine noticing Charles as well. As soon as Max locked eyes with Charles he quickly turned and walk off. "He was just watching you two" I quietly muttered not quite sure what it even meant. I could tell straight away that it made Max feel uncomfortable as well by the way he unconsciously tensed up next to me, all I could think to myself was that as long as he kept his distance he could stare all he wanted it wasn't going to make any difference at all.

As the weekend progressed there was times where I would notice Charles watching Luna especially when she was with Max. Each and every time he wouldn't take his eyes off her, which was so different to how he usually was. Every other race we'd taken her to he wouldn't even acknowledge that she existed but this weekend was so different. I didn't like it one bit his eyes would be solely fixated on Luna. And this time I noticed a huge difference in the way he looked at her, it wasn't aggressive or intimidating like it usually was when he looked at me. It was soft and almost sad. Why on earth was he sad?.

Just before the race started I locked onto Charles' eyes watching Luna yet again, he literally hadn't stopped all weekend and it was beginning to really annoy me. Max seemed to notice the same because out of nowhere he positioned himself directly in Charles' eye line so he couldn't look at her anymore and making him look away. "Charles has been watching her all weekend" I said feeling my heart sink slightly, I didn't like it at all it just put me on edge. "I know I've seen him doing it" Max replied his whole body tensing up. I wish I hadn't of said anything because I know his focus wouldn't be on the race. We both shared a look almost straight away, it was clear something was coming I could just feel it and from the look on Max's face he could feel it as well