𝟎𝟎𝟑.

"AVARA! MY PARENTS LEFT for Alderran, so I'm thinking we can hang out, just us!" Amilyn shrieked in delight. She was excited to hang out with her best friend.

"The rebellion needs our help. We shouldn't waste time fooling around like we did when we were younger." Avara sadly sighed. In order to fulfill their responsibilities, she hated crushing her friends' heart.

Both Avara and Amilyn understood that the rebellion needed help and couldn't afford to mess around anymore. Their first priority was to help the princess and the rebellion. This meant they had to take their responsibilities seriously and put aside their own desires for the greater good.

"I get it."

"Come on, let's hang out after this hot mess." Avara smiled and nudged Amilyn.

__

All over, people were rushing in panic. Princess Leia's kidnapping by the empire spread like wildfire. On the other hand, there were also people who remained calm in the face of the news. They believed that the princess would be able to handle herself and that she would be returned to them safe and sound.

Princess Leia was a symbol of strength, courage, and resilience. Her bravery and her unwavering faith in the Rebel Alliance inspired people from all over the galaxy. People knew that if anyone could take on the Empire and come out unscathed, it would be Princess Leia.

"You think she'll get out?" Avara asked her friend.

"Of course she will." Amilyn answered. "She's smart and she's strong. She'll find a way." Amilyn said confidently. Avara smiled and nodded in agreement. "I know she will."

"So you think someone is looking for her? How would she get out by herself? She's a girl. They can't do anything to save themselves!" One of the cocky pilots who can never shut up kept blabbering about how Leia needs a man to save her. Amilyn was annoyed with how self-centered the man was.

"Ignore him Ami."

As Amilyn stared at her friend with a glare, she remarked, "Wow, it's like you read my mind."

"He's a man who cares about no one but himself!" Avara stated as they continued walking.

"Then why would he join the rebellion? People in the rebellion care Vara!"

"Forget about it Amilyn it doesn't matter. Something like that shouldn't have such an impact on you. I mean it's not even about you!"

As they continued walking, Amilyn kept thinking about what Avara said. She knew that Avara was right but the words still hurt. Amilyn wished she could just forget about it, but it was easier said than done. Was she right? Was she reacting over something that wasn't about her?

__

Amilyn was browsing through some paper work she received when a commander came up to her.

"Can I help you Commander?"

The commander took a deep breath before talking.

"Your parents are gone Amilyn. They were on Alderran and Alderran has been blown up by the empire."

Amilyn felt her heart shatter in pieces. She lost both her parents in one day to the empire. Something they've been trying to avoid for ages. She didn't know what she would do without her parents.

But she also felt sympathy for Leia. She lost everything she had. Her home, her family, and her friends.

Suddenly, Amilyn broke down in tears and started sobbing.

__

"Amilyn. I heard about your parents. I'm so sorry." Avara hugged her friend. There is nothing worse than losing one's parents." Amilyn hugged her back, tears streaming down her cheeks. Avara just held Amilyn until the tears stopped. "They will always be with you in your heart," Avara whispered.

"We have to worry about other things at this point. For instance, getting Leia back. We need to destroy the empire." Amilyn was determined to stand up for what she believed to be right.

AUTHORS NOTE, I know this chapter is pretty short but I have zero motivation to do anything right now. I hope you enjoyed chapter one!

AUTHORS NOTE 2, I did a quick read through and edited some of my mistakes so I hope it isn't a big problem.