Sparks

Jisung

Today was a cold windy not my type of day. I loved the winter snow truly is was great but I didn't enjoy the cold wind that came with it. Wind that chilled even the most prepared person to the bone. The problem was I didn't want to go back to my house, refused to listen to the fighting and arguing for one more second. I knew what the end result was. I didn't have to be sat down by them and have the "Hey it's not you it's us and well we decided it's best to get a divorce" talk happening between my uncle and his now current wife. So I left and went on a walk I've been gone for about an hour and now I have come to the park I like to go to when I wanted to be alone and a way from everyone and everything. My favorite place is the swing set. Childish as it sounds I loved the feeling of flying up as high as I could go and falling backwards. The repetitive feeling of it was the best high. I sit down in the swing my headphones in so I don't really notice at first that I'm not alone. I always sing out loud unknowingly when my headphones are on, so I've been told by people. Right now my favorite song by Boys Like Girls was playing The Great Escape. Pushing my feet to build up the swings momentum I sing out the chorus "Throw it away forget yesterday, we'll make the great escape, we won't hear a word they say they don't know us anyway, watch it burn let it die cause we are finally free tonight."  Higher and higher I climbed, so high I felt free like I was flying. If only I had known how embarrassing this whole situation would be for me once I came down from my high.
The song ended and I started to slow myself down dragging my feet to get the swing to come to a stop. I go to get off the swing and somehow my headphones chord is snagged pulling them from my ears.

"Well you sing really well"

I jump with a screech "OMG!"

There sitting in the swing next to mine was another person.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" The stranger said to me

"It's okay"

I stared at him wondering why he was even here.

"I'm Minho, Lee Minho"

"Jisung, Han Jisung"

"I was serious I really think you have a beautiful voice"

"Thank you again I don't really think I do but I do enjoy singing"

"So what brought you here to this park Mr. Lee?"

"Please call me Minho or anything else never call me Mr. Lee"

"Okay Minho then same question"

"I needed a break from home I live close to this park so I come here often"

"Really I've never seen you here before I'm here at least 5 times a week or more"

"Well truth is I never ever came to the swings I was too shy"

"I don't understand?"

"Well this isn't the first time I have heard you sing"

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, I usually would sit at the top of that slide and listen to you"

"Then why did you end up at the swings tonight then?"