chapter 8- Never know

Elliana:
You know it's a good day, when you take your time getting out of bed and getting ready. And you know it's an even better day when you do it smiling. Last night, after my long chat with Massimo, I went to bed with a smile on my face and ive been smiling ever since. I think I slept through the night smiling. Seriously, my cheeks were starting to hurt. That's how much I was smiling.
This holiday turned out to be way better than I expected.
I had a lazy day today. My parents were out, golfing with the Laurent's, and I sort of know how it's going to go. They're going to play until it's late afternoon, then get drinks, that will turn into lunch, which will turn into another reason to keep drinking and playing. And since Massimo too probably left for his meeting, I had absolutely nothing to do, so I ordered in some greasy breakfast, consisting of runny, lightly scrambled eggs, with bacon, a portion of mac n' cheese, a chocolate caramel croissant and a ton of coffee. I know, it's a lot, but I've always had a big appetite and was blessed with my mom's metabolism.
I showered and put on a simple black tank top that stopped right above my belly button, perfectly revealing my sexy belly button piercing, that I basically had to beg my parents for and a pair of black joggers, that I rocked as low waistline joggers, to show my chiseled stomach and my abs. Yeah I worked out. I tied my hair up and a high poney, to get it out my face while I eat, and had just finished my morning skincare routine when there was a knock on the door. I opened the door to find one of the staff members with my breakfast on a trolley. I quickly tugged the trolley inside and thanked the man. I was famished!
I basically devoured my food while I watched Two Broke Girls on my iPad and after that I decided that it was a day, pleasent enough to go to the café downstairs and get some work done.
I packed a bag with my laptop, iPad and my wallet and shoved my room keycard into it, after I let down my hair and combed my fingers through it a few times, and set off.
At the cafe, I grabbed a table and studied, took notes and studied again, with my noise cancellation headphones, without a care in the world for almost 3 hours, before deciding that I needed a break and a coffee. I got a mocha coffee and a matcha tea cookie to go with it. As my cookie arrived, I wanted nothing but to sink my teeth into the heavenly sweetness, but the universe had other plans. My phone's ringtone went off and I rolled my eyes before grabbing it. It was Brianna, my cousin from my mom's side. She was my mom's brother, uncle Jaxon's daughter. At least it was someone I liked.
"Hey girl!" A perky voice spoke from the other end as soon as a hit the accept button.
"Hey Anna! It's been so long since we last spoke"
"Yeah, three weeks isn't long , it's an eternity." She said with a chuckle "and for cousins who live literally within 15 minutes of eachother, we've surely been seeing eachother a lot less than we used to"
"Ugh! Blame it on our studies! Honestly, I can't catch a break!" I groaned
"Sure, because I'm the one, Probably lounging one of the pool chairs of the most luxurious hotel in Napa valley, and you're the one working on college essays" she said laughing, that earned a chuckle from me too. We talked for a really long while. I truly forgot what a flake she could be, but I missed her. I mean, besides being my family, she was my only friend, since I hadn't ever attended a proper school, and all the kids of my parent's business partners and family friends were well, snobs.
I ate my cookie that was now cold and my coffe which was warm l and hurriedly packed all my stuff into my bag. For a vacation, today was pretty productive, so I decided to reward myself with a trip to the sauna and then maybe a massage and a facial. It'd been a while since I'd indulged in self-care.
I had just plopped my bag on the coffee table in my room when my phone chimed and I opened it to find a message from my mom
"Just got back into the room, baby. We're mostly going to the casino. Will you be alright?"
"Sure" I texted back
I grabbed the room's landline and called the massage centre to reserve a massage and facial for me, and then I headed downstairs again to get my sauna onn.
The elevator pinged, notifying that I had arrived on the 7th floor, where the sauna was.
I got out of the elevator, only to see Massimo, who was pretty engrossed in his phone. He practically had the screen of his phone pressed on to his nose and looked pretty annoyed? Uneasy? As he furiously typed back to whoever he was texting.
I was about to call him when he got a call, and walked off into a hallway to his left, presso his phone to his ear.
watching him walk, it was almost like a lightbulb went off inside my head Why don't I follow him?
I rushed after him but I had to Pretty much jog my way towards him. He was pretty fast.
As I opened my mouth to call him, he exclaimed
"No!" He sounded angry. "I know! But that reason simply isn't good enough!" He went quiet for a moment. Maybe listening to the person on the other side of the line. "So you really think this is the right time for her to know? You really think she's ready?"
Who is he talking about? Who's ready to know what?
"No, Scott, Elliana Barton can never know what actually happened to her grandparents"