Truth and Dare (2)

"So what were you guys doing?" Venti asked, breaking the awkward tension within the silence.

"Just a little game," Xiao simply replied, "since we were waiting for Chongyun."

"What game?" Venti asked, his gaze turning to him, waiting for answers to fulfil his curiosity.

Fortunately for Xiao, they already arrived by the teachers' office so he didn't have to answer anything.

Or ask him anything.

Venti stepped forward, reaching out an arm to knock on the door.

"Come in." A voice commanded through the door, it was Miss Raiden, and judging from her tone, she wasn't exactly in the best of moods.

Venti opened the door as told, and stepped back so you can enter first. You gulped, hesitating before stepping through the door frame, and Venti quickly followed behind, closing the door afterwards.

"There you are, Xiao," she looked up from her documents and turned towards venti," Thank you so much for bringing him here, Venti."

"No problem at all, miss!" Venti answered. Surprisingly, his tone was just as playful even when he was talking to a teacher.

But I guess the teachers like that anyway since he's a popular idol

"Right, Xiao," Miss Raiden said, this time in a serious tone," I called for you to talk about your grades."

Of course, Xiao thought, what else could it have been.

He was a perfect student, well nearly perfect. He always listens in class, is an excellent sportsman but his grades is a whole new level of low.

"I understand that you aren't exactly the academic kind of student but you need to at least show some improvements."

"I really did tried but I still don't understand how the seven souvenirs-"

"You mean the seven sovereigns." She corrected, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, there, history just isn't the thing for me," Xiao complained.

"And math and english and science for the matter of fact"

"I'm gonna be an athlete when I grow up so I really won't need that!"

"This isn't just about you," Miss Raiden said, her tone darkening slightly, "it's the school's reputation you're ruining."

Xiao stood still, wordless as he stare down at his feet. He couldn't possibly care less but he has to give an answer.

His eyebrows furrowed as he bit on his lower lip, struggling to utter a word.

Venti noticed, sighed and offered,
"Miss Raiden, how about this? If I tutor Xiao-kun and we'll see how it goes."

"But you're already busy enough with the recordings," She replied with concern, "I'm worried thay it will affect your-"

"It's fine! I promise!" Venti quickly responded, interfering before the teacher could finish her sentence.

He smiled and gestured something that Xiao didn't understand. But it Miss Raiden seemed to get the message as her face saddened, a glint of sorrow flashing by her eyes before returning to its original menacing gaze.

Xiao's face lit up with bright red, frustrated of being left out. This mystery instantly lit up Xiao's inner competitiveness and he's up for the challenge, and will find out whatever these two are conspiring. He was almost sure that it's something against him

I bet they have something horrible planned to get me studying, Xiao thought.

"So that's one thing settled, " the teacher said as she rubbed against her temples, eyes closing with trouble, "you need to redo the last test, as soon as possible."

Xiao let out a low growl at the mentioned of that, reminding him of the dare.

"But we can't just get you to do it tomorrow, you won't show any improvements." She sighed again.

"Maybe I can start tutoring Xiao-kun tomorrow so we can get it done with quicker," Venti offered with a grin.

"That's it then I guess, you guys may go now."

Xiao immediately reached for the door but Venti pulled onto his sleeve, holding him back.

"Say thank you!" he mouthed.

"Thanks Miss," Xiao said unwillingly before proceeding to leave the room.

Date: MON 03/04/2023