Dre's Part

Aaliyah really was bugging me .I haven't seen my daughter Nova in two months. I'm pissed and Nani back staying with me in Manhattan. I missed my girl but she ain't Aaliyah and thats that. 

I was sitting on the porch smoking a L when my homie Flock walked up on the porch.

"Yo bro whats gud?"I asked him dapping him up

"Nothin , nothing.. You know i saw Aaliyah at the bar booed up with Shymeik Johnson."He said

"And? That ain't my bitch no more."I shrugged

"Oh..my fault bro."

"Yeah i fuck with nani..She pregnant but was fuckin with some other nigga from Philly. Now i gotta get a dna test...shit been stressful.''

"Nani? You fuck with crazy Paul Flores niece."

"That nigga was barely an uncle to her don't ever say that pussy name to me cuz when i see him imma Kill him."I said angrily. Paul raped Nani when she was 14. I was mad that i couldn't get my fucking hands on him.

"Ain't Nani like 18?"

"Yeah so what ? I'm 28? Man Flock i don't' got time time today..you got family down in Philly so can you help me figure out who this other nigga is she was fucking with or what ?"I asked

"I got you let me call my cousin down North and see what he can find out."Flock said

"Aight. good looking man..he live on Girard.."I said.

My daughter Anyia's mom was blowing my phone up. What the fuck is going on now?

"Yo Tanisha."I said, answering the phone.

"What's been going on Dre? Ain't bring any groceries in a while and I wanna take a trip so I need the rent paid."She said.

"Nish...i'm going through some shit right now. I meant to talk to you about that shit too. For now I ain't paying your rent or bringing groceries. You're out of school and I ain't in that crib no more."I said.

"That's all cool but why wait now to say it."Tanisha said angrily. 

"Put my daughter on the phone,"I said. I don't have time for Tanisha's bullshit. I been kissing her ass and catering to her for the longest.

"Hey daddy ."Anyia said on the phone.

"Wassup sweetheart, are you being good?" I asked her with a warm smile that reflected the deep affection I held for my daughter, Anyia. She was not just my firstborn but also my first love, a radiant light in my life that never failed to bring joy to my heart. Anyia, my little princess, had a way of making even the toughest days brighter.

She was undeniably a daddy's girl, and the bond we shared was unbreakable. No matter what challenges Tanisha and I faced in our relationship, one thing remained constant — our commitment to co-parenting and ensuring that Anyia never felt the impact of any discord between us. Our love for her was a bridge that connected us, fostering an environment where she thrived in the warmth of both her parents.

The journey of parenthood was a learning experience, filled with moments of laughter, tears, and shared memories. Anyia was a constant reminder of the love that transcended the challenges, a living testament to the enduring connection between a father and his daughter. And as she continued to grow, I took pride in witnessing the beautiful person she was becoming.

"Aight well daddy gonna scoop you up this weekend tell mommy to have you ready by 4."

"Okay."

"Put mommy on the phone."

"Yo."

"Nish..every month i will give you $300 for her.. I want her every other weekend tho and for the summer."He said

"You know that's never been a issue with me Dre."She said

"Aight..see y'all friday.''I said, hanging up. I got dressed and hopped in the car. I was going to Aaliyah's to see my daughter . Aaliyah was sitting outside with Nova and Ahli when I pulled up.

"Mr.Dre."Ahli smiled walking up to the car.

"Wassup youngin."I replied, handing him $5.

"What are you doing here Dre?"Aaliyah said walking up to the car. She was look good per usual but mad as hell. I couldn't help but stare at the scar on the side of her head from her fight with Nani. Nani fucked her up and i thought it would humble Aaliyah but all it did was make Aaliyah more angrier.

"I came to see my daughter."

"She's busy."

"Cut the nut shit Aaliyah. I don't care if we are not together but don't keep Nova from me. I'm getting her every other weekend and i'll give you $300 a month for her."I said

"So you asking or you gone tell me?"

"I'm telling you cuz if not i'm taking you to court and imma shoot homie in his forehead if he keeps staring at me crazy."I said pointing at Shymeik who was sitting in a chair next to Aaliyah's.

"Aight...calm the fuck down. Pick her up at 4 on Friday," Aaliyah said, her voice filled with annoyance as she walked away. I hopped into my car and sped off, needing to take care of some urgent business. Even though I was alone in this, I had to keep moving forward. To appease my mom's constant nagging, I had taken up an overnight job. The money was necessary, but it was an exhausting sacrifice.

My mind was racing, hoping nani was home when i got home. I longed to be beside her, to feel the comfort and security of our relationship. But first, I had to complete a few deals, hustling in the streets to make ends meet. Once I wrapped those up, I headed back home, yearning for some much-needed rest and relaxation.

As I slumped down on my worn-out couch, my phone buzzed, alerting me to an incoming call from Nani. She was still at work, tirelessly grinding. I had always admired her determination. It earned my respect, even though my own path had been shaped by the streets.

Together, Nani and I made an unlikely duo - the legal and the not-so-legal. Yet, we found a way to support each other. We understood that life sometimes dealt us different cards, but our love remained strong. Despite our differences, we were driven by a shared desire to better ourselves and our circumstances. And in this chaotic world, the streets were all I knew - it was where I felt alive, where I found my purpose and identity.

"Yo."

"The appointment is on thursday for the Dna test."

"Aight well. what time ?"I asked her.

"10 am."

"Aight...imma be home soon.. you good?"

"Yeah..can you grab me a slushie?"she asked

"Yeah i got you."I replied

A nigga was stressed out not only was i working long hours, and hustling but a nigga had two kids and a possible. I needed to run a bag up soon . I looked over at the night's picture hanging on my wall. If he was here he would know just what to do.