Chapter VIII

A few weeks go by, quickly in fact. Little by little Cloud has been becoming accustomed to living here in this world. He's really gotten the hang of working at the shop as well, and the guys have also settled down about him being here. Sort of, they still have their moments and still can't believe that he's here or even alive.

Back to Cloud, we received all his documentation that we got done up to show he is a real-life citizen. Passport is set, drivers license, bank info, SIN, everything he needs to live in this world without any questions or trouble. He sadly still needs to wear a hat majority of the time for his own protection and safety, a couple spots of his hair are still spiky, but he doesn't mind the hat. Even tried a couple other styles of lidded hats like snap backs, gotta say he looks pretty good in snapback hats as well.

It's a Sunday afternoon and we're out getting some more supplies for home. Since Cloud seems to have an act for getting really dirty, even on the simplest of jobs, we needed to start bringing an extra set of cloths or 2 for him to change into at work. So we're out on the town to get him some more, so I don't have to do laundry almost every night.

While we're out, we also grab some essentials from Shoppers, like body hygiene and moisturizers, toiletries, among other stuff and also stop off at Freshco and Costco for groceries. Once we're done, we park along the street and walk around to the stores. We stop into this one store I like that has all sorts of trinkets and scent stuff. We walk around the shop and I see this really cool looking ceramic dragon egg incense burner. Its about 3 or 4 inches tall, the egg is pretty hollow on one side with ledge like steps resembling a waterfall. The tag said Ceramic Backflow Dragon Egg Incense Burner.

I've wanted one, for a while now. Just never got around to purchasing one for myself. I look on the shelf and notice that it's the last one, so I quickly snatch it before I second guess myself. I also grab a little mix bag of the incense cones to burn on top of it later. My favorite cones are the rose scented and the lavender scented. Cloud see's a few cool looking knives and decides to get one.

It's a black and grey grenade spring assisted sawback pocketknife by MTech. We pay then make out way back to the car. Once close to the car, I use my key to pop my trunk to put everything in. I load everything in, Cloud handing me his stuff to put in. I stand back up and close my trunk, as I do I notice Kyle standing there at the edge of the curb beside my car, looking back and forth between Cloud and me.

I see he's wearing what he usually wears; pair of blue jeans and a black army like jacket with lots of pockets and buttons all over.

"Kyle." I say, acknowledging him here.

He looks at me then Cloud again then back at me. He gives a little flick of his head for me to follow, as he turns away and starts walking to the back of the buildings, right in front of where my car is parked.

"Stay here and watch my car." I tell Cloud, walking to follow Kyle.

"But Destiny!" He says, grabbing my wrist and I turn to him.

"I'll be ok." I say, reassuringly. "I'll be right back."

I follow Kyle behind to the second building from the opening, coming up to a wooden looking crate full of construction debris.

Just before I reach it, Kyle turns me around and shoves me against the wall, pinning me there by my throat and both my hands go to his wrist to stop from choking me.

"So is that him? Is THAT the new guy your with?" He asks harshly.

"Why? Have you been stalking me?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him.

He doesn't answer but instead squeezes my throat a little harder. I clench my teeth and grunt, pulling at his hands. Trying to get him to loosen his hold.