(10)

The next few days, I haven't seen Amaya anywhere, which was odd but I was relieved at the same time.

She didn't show up at the shop, or at the grocery store when I went there. I kept looking around, then stopped myself once I realized that I was actually looking for her.

But that was only because she's everywhere, and we seem to run into each other a lot more than we should.

When the weekend came, I was already packed to stay with Lucas for the next few days. I told Kate, which she was ok with cause Mason was going to be here to watch her.

I couldn't wait to take a small vacation, even though it was only to Lucas' house. I was tired of the work life for a minute, and need to get away from all the stress that I'm constantly dealing with.

Plus, my mind kept wandering to Amaya when I haven't seen her the last few days, and that made me desperately want to get away.

Kate hugged me goodbye, and I told her I will be back Sunday night.

She told me not to get into trouble, which made me roll my eyes as I left the house after telling Mason bye. I hugged Asher on the way out, and gave Sophia a kiss on the head.

Lucas didn't come pick me up, which I told him that I will be driving my Jeep over to his house. He was ok with that, and said if we need to go anywhere then he would drive us.

I wasn't sure what we would be getting into, but I couldn't wait.

When I hang out with Lucas, I feel like a teenager again. Even though I wasn't far from my teenage years, but Lucas was still in high school, and I left him behind a year ago.

I pull up to his house, then turned the engine off before getting out. I grabbed my bag from the back, and closed the door before locking it.

Lucas met me at the door, smiling at me before allowing me to walk inside. I walk into the living room before tossing my bag on the floor, and hopping on the couch.

"What should we do first?" I smile.

"Not sure. What do you want to do?"

"Get into something." I said, making him raise an eyebrow. I knew he wasn't a trouble maker, which I wasn't either but I wanted to do something destruction from the way I've been feeling.

"Work has me stressed out, and I need to release all of my anger."

"And how are you wanting to do that?" He asks.

I shrug before leaning back, and falling back onto the couch. I stare at the ceiling for a moment as I thought about what we were going to do, but wasn't sure what that something is, and how we can do it.

"I don't want to get into trouble." Lucas said, making me lean up to look at him.

"We're not getting into trouble. I want to ride around town, find something to do, and maybe go out to eat."

His face was surprised as he stared at me. "Eat?"

"Well, for you. But you know what I mean."

He nods before crossing his arms. "When was the last time you ate?"

"Like.. ate a meal or ate in general?"

"Actually ate something."

I thought back to when Kate came home from the hospital. "Maybe a month ago."

"Remi.."

"I know, but it's fine."

"That's not ok." He said, making sure that I could hear his worry.