Shopping For Confidence

TW// Mentions of sexual activities

{reminder: there will never be smut scenes, but some chapters may have sexual topics and/or humor. As well as implied sexual encounters.}

It was approaching a year since Susan was sentenced to spend 25 years in prison. She was found guilty of murder, as well as holding a hostage. It sounded too terrible to be true, to Max anyway. Yet, she tried her best to move on from the anger in her heart. After all, she was a fiancée now.

"I still can't believe you're getting married before me, that's insane." Chrissy giggled, walking through the mall with Max. The two had become close, since they both still worked at the same shop. However, today they were not working. Max had recruited Chrissy to help with a particularly sensitive subject.

"Hey, I'm just engaged. You could still get engaged and married before me...it's not like me and Lukas will be affording a wedding anytime soon." Max glanced at each store that they passed. "Are we almost there?"

"Yeah, it's just around this turn. Trust me, it's a lot more comfortable than Victoria Secret. I get all my underclothing here." Chrissy sped up so they could get there faster.

"If you say so." Max sped up too. Once they turned the corner, there is was. It was obvious what store Chrissy was referring to. It was the one with half naked mannequins. "Oh god, I'm already not having a good time."

"It's okay, come on. It's not that awkward once you get used to it." Chrissy pulled Max inside and looked at all the displays. "What are you interested in?"

"I don't know?" Max huffed and looked around. "Something...nice, but not stripper material."

Chrissy rolled her eyes and started looking through some stuff. "what does that even mean? Strippers don't have sex, they just strip. So technically, you're shopping with worse intentions than a stripper."

"Shut up, It's not funny." Max nudged Chrissy. "I'm not used to this."

"I know, I know." Chrissy softened her expression and started taking this more seriously. "Well let's figure out what you want, it'll be easier to look for something then...any particular color?"

"I don't know?" Max shrugged. "Lukas says I look pretty in green."

"Okay, green is a fun color..." Chrissy started scanning the racks for something green. She pulled out a short lingerie piece. A lot of lace, but not a whole lot of coverage. "I assume that's a no."

"Oh god no!" Max turned bright red.

"I understand you have different needs when it comes to this stuff. I just don't understand why you're trying to be modest right now. Sooner or later you've got to get naked, right? How modest can underwear be?" Chrissy put the garment back.

"Shh, keep your voice down." Max didn't want anyone else in the store to know she was sexually active. To her it felt like a forbidden or illegal activity. "I just want something more comfortable, and I want something that doesn't just immediately put everything on display." She whispered.

"Ah, okay. Make him use his imagination, classy." Chrissy kept looking before pulling out another garment. Somehow more lacy and open than the other. "That's a no."

"That looks itchy as hell." Max groaned. "It's going to take forever, I wanted to be home in an hour. Lukas will be off work soon."

"We'll find something. Don't worry." Chrissy was determined. Max was her best friend, that meant she'd do anything to make sure Max was happy. Even if that meant helping her buy underwear to help her feel more confident during intimacy. "What's the special occasion anyway? No girl goes all out for the bedroom unless there's something special."