Chapter 1

When I started getting things out of my hand, I could feel how hurt I am. I never thought I would ever go through things like this. I am not used to being an outcast, but things are getting out of hand. Being bullied is something I have always gone through. But this is something different.

A year ago

It was 5 in the morning, and the alarm rang. The room was neat as a hotel room and not even a single thing was out of place. There was a boy lying on the bed. Even though he was sleeping, the bed was so neat. The boy opened his eyes. He is a great fan of Lofi's music. So, he decided to add it as his alarm. His green eyes were shining like crystals.

'Good morning, Alex.'- He talked to himself and the boy sat on the bed giving a small yawn. His brown hair was so messy, unlike his room. His eyes looked lost somewhere. 'Alex, enough. Don't think too much just start the day. He could feel his heart aching but he didn't pay any attention to his heart and walked towards the bathroom. He looked at his reflection in the mirror and asked 'What is happening to you Alex, you are changing. You are not the old Alex. Something in you is changing'- He felt his eyes filling. Tears started falling. 'I have had enough'.

He went outside of the bathroom and looked at the clock. '5:45. F**k. I am late'. He grabbed his duffle bag and ran towards the door.

By the time he reached the college football court, everyone had been gathered there already. 'Alex, you are late again. Why are you not taking this seriously anymore' Mr. Brown asked angrily. 'Sorry Mr. Brown, I won't be late again'

'Let it go Mr. Brown. even if he is 4 hours late, he would have 80% more goals than us.' Said, Noah.

'Anyway, gather everybody. We have a match to win.' Mr. Brown flipped out. Mr. Brown is a tall guy with heavy muscles. His optimistic smile always gives them a positive vibe and confidence. Even though he often scolds the group very often, they never feel bad about it. They try to give more and make their coach happy.

After they were done with their practice, everyone went to change their jersey. 'Alex, where have you been?' Asked Leo. Leo waited till the last person in the dressing room is out. Leo is Alex's best friend since childhood. He knows him more than anyone. Even Alex's parents don't know him as he does. Leo is a guy with black wavy hair which blocks half of his right eye. His brown eyes are always wandering around like a nomad, but lazy.

'It's nothing Leo' said Alex trying to be calm. But deep inside he knows that his friend will catch him one day. 'Alex, I know you are going through something and you know that you can't lie to my face. We have been together since we can't even remember. I really want to help you. But buddy, I can't do anything until and unless you tell me everything,' said Leo worriedly. Alex slowly looked at Leo. 'Leo,' it took him a few seconds to open his mouth again. But Leo waited patiently. 'I know you are worried about me. But give me some time. Let me fight it alone and face it first. Then I will tell you everything from the beginning. 'I am all right with that buddy. All I want is for my best friend to be happy' said. Alex could clearly hear how sincere each sentence was. He relived.