ONE

Disclaimer

I know everybody skips this part but here are your warnings..
The following chapters may contain mature/offensive language, scenes/descriptions of violence & death, gore, abduction, captivity, discussions of mental health disorders, suicide, sexual content, abuse, depictions of magic & the occasional dreaded dream sequences. I'll make sure to mark any chapters/pov's that contain any triggering content with a ‼️ at the top. FYI this will be a bit of slow burn in places.

I do this for fun. However, I've worked hard on this and will not allow copying of any kind, so be warned I will report that shit. All of the art used in this book is made by myself - unless I state otherwise.
Happy reading!.
(EDITED 8/2/23)

Brock
Blackfur Valley
The Manor

Time. When you're young you think you have so much of it; and when you're old - not enough. For some of us it passes without mind as we live it to its fullest, pushing through each hardship and embracing all of the joy.

For me time is cruel; immortality isn't the gift mortals believe it to be. Guaranteed life  brings pain, responsibility.. and memories. Sometimes so vivid that it makes merely existing feel impossible.

It's times like this, when some of the most painful memories are bright forth that life and time are particularly cruel.

My little sister, Brianna, found her mate. A joyous thing to happen, but of course she wasn't satisfied with the normal Lycan traditions. No. My baby sis had to insist on having a wedding. 'Just like the humans did' it doesn't matter to her that there hasn't been a known human wedding since before the species were culled decades ago.. or that me having to sit through one feels like someone has tied me down and stuck toothpicks under my eyelids to force me to watch and inevitably relive my own doomed wedding.

The newly weds breeze past in a weird attempt at a waltz and I unwillingly catch Anna's dreamy smile. It reminds me of how Meredith used to look at me; twinkly blue-green depths full of adoration. All for me. But the memory is quickly tainted by the hurt I caused her.

My own foolish attempts to keep her protected from the corruption of Blackfur Manor was exactly the thing that tore us apart. And now I have no idea where she is, or if she's still alive.

Turning my back on the celebrations I stare down into the dark, fragrant liquid that I've been holding for the last hour; counting the number of times I swirl the scotch perfectly. Brownish-gold swash against the crystal confines in tight circles, pulling my consciousness towards them; and this once I go willingly.

The smell of flowers and the nearby forest pluck at memories hidden deep in my mind; reflexively a smile graces my face as she comes to me..

-FLASHBACK-
A floral crown atop a head of full coffee-colored hair, Meredith glides to me in a gown the same color as the blush of her rosy cheeks. Glowing with the light of the setting fall sun; I'm utterly spellbound, powerless against her enchanting eyes that keep me under her complete control.
Hands bound, our voices combine 'mind, body, spirit we are bound forevermore'
Perfect ruby lips come to meet mine.
-END FLASHBACK-

"Well shit, is that a smile?" my Beta, Axel shoulder bumps me and lightly taps the bar top, summoning another drink whilst banishing one of the few happy memories I have back into the darkness
"I made the wrong choice making you beta" I grumble
Laughing "It's way too late to change your mind buddy" he takes a sip and glances at the dance floor "You were thinking about her again"
"Yeah I know, you're always thinking about her right?" he turns to rest his arms on the bar top "Brother to brother though, you can't keep torturing yourself. It's been-"
"I know how long it's been" I growl casting him a warning look