#vc1

I threw my keys on the counter and quickly walked to the fridge to get something to eat. As I was about to open it, I heard my phone quacking impatiently. What an annoying sound when you're trying to eat cheese! I let out a sigh and started searching through my bag. Earphones, a lip gloss and a lot of trash piling up. Oh yes, and finally, my phone. I saw a picture of a teenage kid making a stupid face on the screen. It was my school friend Koen calling, which surprised me as I had just left the building 15 minutes earlier.

"Yes?" I asked in a jokingly irritated tone.

"Y/N! WHERE ARE YOU?" They cried out.

"At home?"

"Well don't be, you're coming on a walk with me and Kifli" Koen sassed. I sighed audibly on purpose.

"Fine, but only if we get something to eat. I'm starving."

"Alright, meet us at the park in 5! Bye!"

"Bye!"

Great. I looked back at the fridge. Sorry friend, not today. I gave it a pat and began putting my shoes back on. My tummy was furiously growling at me. Koen's definitely paying for my food today. That's the least they can do to make up for my immerse pain.

A few minutes passed when I heard knocking on my front door. Outside were my two friends, giggling about something and being as loud as one could be.

"Y/n! Here you are! Do you like that server I added you to yesterday?" Koen asked. "Excuse Bush, he's one annoying green vegetable."

"He was quite funny though." I smiled. We took off to get sandwiches, with cheese and tomatoes and more cheese and- I was very hungry. I completely forgot to keep track of time and was shocked to see it was almost 7 by the time I got home. Time for vc.

When I joined everyone was aggressively talking over each other, debating whether some video game was good of not.

"Hi y'all, can you hear me?" I asked.

"We can." A soft and deep voice replied, getting everyone to stay quiet immediately. A flustering feeling took my breath for a split second. It was Bush speaking. His voice, angelic. I shrugged it off and the game began. Thanks to my questionable art skills there were a lot of funny moments to impress those present. After around 9 people started leaving one by one, until it was only me, Bush and the awkward silence. After some time, Bush spoke:

"Koen invited you, right? Do you know them irl as well?"

"Uh-huh, we go to the same school. How do you know them?" I felt my voice shake a little, How stupid of it to do that. It really was not helping my case.

"We met on this server, actually. I made it back in 2021 to make friends and it turned into a friend group of some sort as you can see." His voice was nice and welcoming, which got my heart to stop beating so overly fast. The next thing I noticed was that we've been talking for an hour, only the two of us.

"Hey, I really do deserve a Bush face reveal now."

"What? You saw me already."

"You mean the image you sent of a houseplant wearing headphones?"

"Exactly. My identity cannuht be reveeld." He tried a russian accent and I couldn't help but chuckle. I could feel my cheeks ache from laughing so much while talking to him. My eyes though, I could barely keep open.

"Well, it's time I go to sleep."

"Buh-bye" He said in a cheerful tone.

"Talk to you later" I sent my computer to sleep and smiled. I'm anticipating something good here.

The next morning I woke up to messages in the group chat:

Koen Today at 9.30
@y/un, were you in call with Bush until MIDNIGHT yesterday?

Kifli Today at 9.37
i ship them <3