chapter fifteen - drunken mistakes

authors note - i highly suggest you listen to the song wicked games by the weeknd when reading this chapter🤭

mia's pov <3

Ever since I arrived at the game, things between Noah and me have been different.

I don't know how to react to the Noah that's sitting beside me.

But what I do know is that I want to keep talking to him.

"Hey Noah, do you wanna play a game?" I ask.

"What type of game?" He says, raising his eyebrow.

I elbow him. "Not that type of game, you idiot. Truth or Dare"

"Are you sure you want to play truth or dare? You know to some people I've been called the master at truth or dare" he says, smirking.

"How? By kissing different girls as a dare? I'm sure they all wanted to leave the party after kissing you," I say.

He raises both his hands up in a mocking manner. "Hey, all the girls that I kissed gave me good reviews and no one was complaining," he says, as he looks at my lips.

I quickly try to change the subject. "Yeah, okay. So, 'master' of truth or dare, what do you choose, truth or dare?"

"Truth," he says, surprisingly.

"Huh, I didn't take you for a truth type of person. What's the deal with Amelia? What did she do to you to hate her so much?"

"Really Mia? That's your question? You wasted your truth. You could've asked me anything else."

I stare at him, annoyed. "Just answer the question."

"Okay, well it's not that interesting, but basically Amelia and I were dating for a couple of weeks, and then we weren't. She- uhm, cheated on me." He says, sighing.

"Oh," I didn't know what to expect but I certainly didn't expect that. "I'm sorry for asking you that, I shouldn't have-"

He cuts me off. "It's fine, trust me. If I didn't want to tell you I wouldn't have" he says, staring at me intently.

We stare at each other for a moment until I break the silence.

I cough. "So.. aren't you going to ask me now?"

He smiles at me again for the second time today.

"Yeah, sure. So, Mia what'll it be.. truth or dare?"

"Hmm.. I'm gonna pick truth", I say.

"What's your type?" He asks, with no hesitation in his voice at all.

I think about his question for a bit and then answer. "My type is a guy who cares about me, someone who will have the same interests as me, like books and music, but we're not similar enough that we'll have nothing to talk about. Oh, and someone who'll always be there for me" I say, looking at Noah.

He looks back at me. "I hope you find someone like that. You deserve it."

"So-" I try to ask him something, but I get cut off by our Uber driver.